My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks

I kept having to tighten the lift arms on my 3pt. and accasionally the top link also vibrates away from the lock nut. I used a couple of bungee cords to connect the top link to the 2 lift arm adjusters to keep them from turning.
Heres a picture. Simple and Cheap. I had to bend the hooks open on the adjuster end to get them to fit.

Cheers
Brian

Attachments

·
myyyy preciousssss!
402 Posts
Nice fix Brian, I will probably do the same as I get this with my box scraper also.

Do you have any issues with the minimum width that the arms will close to on the 2320? I know on my 2305 they will only close to a width of 700mm which means implements sway around on the back (including the ballast box). I ended up narrowing this by turning the hooks on the tractor side to the opposite ends. I was just wondering if this is the same on the 2320?

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
Nice fix Brian, I will probably do the same as I get this with my box scraper also.

Do you have any issues with the minimum width that the arms will close to on the 2320? I know on my 2305 they will only close to a width of 700mm which means implements sway around on the back (including the ballast box). I ended up narrowing this by turning the hooks on the tractor side to the opposite ends. I was just wondering if this is the same on the 2320?
Smeagol I did the same thing and it solved my problem.
Brian, great idea!:trink39:

·
myyyy preciousssss!
402 Posts
Smeagol I did the same thing and it solved my problem.
BR - I was a bit concerned that the eyelets might bend since they are pointing the other way. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
For the arms I keep a roll of hay wire around, put it through the eye of the screw and tighten around the nut part, simply cut it off when you need to take them off, I see the guys have twist ties on the 2720, same idea.

Never had an issue with the top link, however we are running a hydraulic cylinder on the tractors now in place of it.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hi Smeagol

No, the 2320 has a larger 3pt setup with longer arms and I think the tighteners ( turn buckles )are larger and have more travel. I never have a problem getting it tight but it tends to loosen especially with the ballast box on. I ran into the JD rep one day at the dealer and we were talking about the 2320 and he warned me to keep the ballast box from slamming back and forth on the hitch as it can beat out the plates that mount the rod holding the lift arms.
I don"t tighten the top link with a wrench because I never have one with me when I need to adjust it. I just keep the lock nut finger tight and this fix prevents the top link from rotating and unscrewing (lengthening) over time.
No tools are necessary to adjust the hitch so it should work well for me.

Cheers
Brian

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the arms I keep a roll of hay wire around, put it through the eye of the screw and tighten around the nut part, simply cut it off when you need to take them off, I see the guys have twist ties on the 2720, same idea.

Never had an issue with the top link, however we are running a hydraulic cylinder on the tractors now in place of it.
Hi Andy

Still busy? I am building a trail down the back of my lot and I posted some pictures in a thread on the General Discussions forum. Got some nice local fill to use. Gravel and small rocks -no mud etc. but it was 125$ /load. Much cheaper than using class A gravel for a base.
Heres the thread
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=88668

Brian

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
BR - I was a bit concerned that the eyelets might bend since they are pointing the other way. What do you think?
Smeagol so far OK. Hopefully this will work out for us. Seem like another member is doing this also but I cant remember who it was. I will report to
you if any problems occur.:trink39:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Hi Andy

Still busy? I am building a trail down the back of my lot and I posted some pictures in a thread on the General Discussions forum. Got some nice local fill to use. Gravel and small rocks -no mud etc. but it was 125$ /load. Much cheaper than using class A gravel for a base.
Heres the thread
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=88668

Brian
Don't want to hijack, sent you a PM asking for the name of where you can get this fill as it is light years better than what we are able to find for $120 in your area. Saw the trail thread, looks perfect!!!

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
My 2210 came with bungee's on the rear arms.
My dealer has my bungee cord and extra key ( I only got 1) waiting for me.
Problem is I have been to the dealer twice and start talking and carrying on with the owner and forget my items. (looking at the new green stuff also breaks my concentration)LOL

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Problem is I have been to the dealer twice and start talking and carrying on with the owner and forget my items. (looking at the new green stuff also breaks my concentration)LOL
Funny how that happens, I have to write a note to self before I go in, forgot the note yesterday, went in to pick up a post hole digger, got to talking, an hour later i left, remembered about two hours later what I had forgot

·
Banned
12,901 Posts

Whew not just me then..:ROF :hide:

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Funny how that happens, I have to write a note to self before I go in, forgot the note yesterday, went in to pick up a post hole digger, got to talking, an hour later i left, remembered about two hours later what I had forgot
:ROF As long as ya don't come out with something different and more expensive.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
:ROF As long as ya don't come out with something different and more expensive.
OMG when I was in the guys wanted me to come out back and see a "tractor" they sold it to the city, forget the series but it was 100 ++ hp, around $200,000, it had this wing thing for cutting trees, It takes two fork lifts just to lift it into place and it also cuts grass in ditches, if you ever took a chipper/shredder apart that is what the blades looked like however they were massive and there must have been a hundred or more on the rotor, anyhow they said it would shred a tire in seconds or a tree, what a monster, had a front mounted Hydro that ran off the PTO and a 80 hydro gallon fluid tank. Anyhow I sat in it and fired it up, what a machine!!!......no I don't want one, the only thing I could afford is a picture!

Then of course they had to show me a mint 3000 series....then a new ZTR as we could use a 2nd unit, hey Andy we have a new demo excavator that is the next size up from your biggest one, why not take it for a few hours and give us some feedback, been there done that and the excvator was never returned to them, man they are hard on the wallet......then to make matters worse it's 8 min from my house and I drive by every day and if they do not hear from me for two or three days they call, they even show up on job sites with coffee and shirts for the guys, most of the crews have JD stickers on their cars and they prefer JD shirts over the company ones....lol

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
LOL TG and Andy. I have to stay away from the dealer right now because I just want to buy something. Hopefully I will come to my senses! :trink39:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OMG when I was in the guys wanted me to come out back and see a "tractor" they sold it to the city, forget the series but it was 100 ++ hp, around $200,000, it had this wing thing for cutting trees, It takes two fork lifts just to lift it into place and it also cuts grass in ditches, if you ever took a chipper/shredder apart that is what the blades looked like however they were massive and there must have been a hundred or more on the rotor, anyhow they said it would shred a tire in seconds or a tree, what a monster, had a front mounted Hydro that ran off the PTO and a 80 hydro gallon fluid tank. Anyhow I sat in it and fired it up, what a machine!!!......no I don't want one, the only thing I could afford is a picture!

Then of course they had to show me a mint 3000 series....then a new ZTR as we could use a 2nd unit, hey Andy we have a new demo excavator that is the next size up from your biggest one, why not take it for a few hours and give us some feedback, been there done that and the excvator was never returned to them, man they are hard on the wallet......then to make matters worse it's 8 min from my house and I drive by every day and if they do not hear from me for two or three days they call, they even show up on job sites with coffee and shirts for the guys, most of the crews have JD stickers on their cars and they prefer JD shirts over the company ones....lol
Hi Andy

Sounds like they are doing a good job at customer service and sales. I haven't been in there much lately. Going flat out with work and projects arround the house. Who is managing the store now. I haven't seen Brian at his usual desk for quite awhile. Is he still working there. If you are looking for a larger tractor someone had a 6000series JD for sale on Kijiji. I saw one of those last winter clearing snow- Huge.
The machine you saw at JD. I think I have seen one of those in operation on a grader. It was like a huge mower deck on the end of an arm with rotating blades on it and they used it to clear the brush and trees out of the ditches on Hubley Lake Rd. a couple of years ago. Some of the trees were 4" in diameter. They would stop traffic a couple of hundred feet back from it and let er rip. I was the first car in the line one day waiting when they fired it up. The debris -tree pieces, rocks etc was flying all over the place. Pretty scary piece of equipment.

Cheers
Brian

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Brian,

Good question, I don't think anyone is managing the store, they had an old guy, I met him once then he was gone (right after they let Paul go), then they had a guy here from Kentville, he is among the missing.....the office has been empty for weeks. Service is being handled by Lee, he used to run it at the Dartmouth location and is excellent, they have two new service guys but one worked for them many years ago, Melissa is still managing parts however she will be having a baby in January and I don't really think she likes working there since Paul left as Manager, Brian has been on holidays, I talk to him pretty much every day, Rupe and Bryson still doing sales, Chris and Steve handling parts. Pretty much everything is controlled out of Kentville.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts