My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a hustler raptor zero turn with the 23hp Kawasaki engine (fr691v). It has been acting up under a load. It idles fine, runs fine at full throttle without the blades. While the blades are on and I cut a patch of medium to heavy grass it will pop like crazy, I'll stop and let it clear up and like a switch it clears up. I can actually stop when it happens and the grass will have already cleared from out of the deck and it's still bogging a little and like I said, like a flip of a switch it clears up. I dont have any experience with these kawasaki engines at all. Ive changed plugs, fuel filter, and air filter and the issue remains. A few friends suggested govenor or 1 or both ignition coils. He said maybe one isnt advancing. Seems possible. Any ideas?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G925R7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anyone confirm that these coils have a timing advance?

I havent found any local shops knowledgeable on these engines included the one who sold us the mower or least the guy running the counter couldnt help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ran some marvel mystery oil though a tank and it seems to be getting better. So it may be a carb issue. Ill continue to run the MMO in the fuel and see how it goes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ran some marvel mystery oil though a tank and it seems to be getting better. So it may be a carb issue. Ill continue to run the MMO in the fuel and see how it goes.

I was hoping someone here has had experience with a similar issue.

Unfortunately the missing and backfiring under load hasn't gone away. It's not a carb issue. Carb was clean as a whistle but still cleaned it anyway with some berryman chemtool. Same exact issue,no better.

I think it's going to be the coil timing advance.

The only way I know to test them is to hook up a timing light and see if one stops firing under a load.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive got a hustler raptor zero turn with the 23hp Kawasaki engine (fr691v). It has been acting up under a load. It idles fine, runs fine at full throttle without the blades. While the blades are on and I cut a patch of medium to heavy grass it will pop like crazy, I'll stop and let it clear up and like a switch it clears up. I can actually stop when it happens and the grass will have already cleared from out of the deck and it's still bogging a little and like I said, like a flip of a switch it clears up. I dont have any experience with these kawasaki engines at all. Ive changed plugs, fuel filter, and air filter and the issue remains. A few friends suggested govenor or 1 or both ignition coils. He said maybe one isnt advancing. Seems possible. Any ideas?

Thanks

Did you ever figure this out? I have same exact issue and have no answers

·
MTF Member
923 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? I have same exact issue and have no answers
The guy hasn't been active on here for the last 4 months.
Would be nice if they would follow up on their problems.....🤔
And this thread was from 5 years ago...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts