My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
You might check the owners/users manual to see if they included the rpm the tractor was designed to run at. I'm pretty sure they would have calculated it out, so at designed rpm, the blade trips would run at their desired speed. The engine itself is most likely designed to run at 3500-3600 rpm, and may have been reduced by the OEM (the maker of your mower) to work with their design.

·
Registered
578 Posts
According to my manual (Model # 2690345) all of the available engines (Kohler gas, Kawaskai liquid cooled gas, and Briggs/Daihatsu Diesel) all made 27 HP at 3600 rpm. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what I found was I adjusted the throttle cable so the engine would reach its maximum but the throttle lever would slowly back itself back down in the 3200 rpm range. So my next step was to tighten the nut and bolt that go through the throttle lever underneith the dash. This solved my issue and now the tractor runs at 3600 rpm.

·
Registered
498 Posts
You think it cuts good now?? Wait until you put some high performance cams, high compression piston and a couple Mikuni 40mm flat slide carbs on it...she'll sling the grass real well at 5200rpm!! :)

For a while...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts