My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up a "12" 1023e. The PO sold off the FEL and mower leaving just an old LX 4 brush hog. So all I can do now is just drive it around. LOL but it's a start. :tango_face_wink:

The BIG service was done , and the only thing wrong so far is the ROPS lights are broken and hose clamped on.

I have no idea where I am going with this, but we will see.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Hey KATT! Congrats on the tractor! It is still a dream for us to get a small FEL like that to "play" with. Both of us can't do what we are used to and a machine is a asset if possible.

·
Premium Member
9,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey KATT! Congrats on the tractor! It is still a dream for us to get a small FEL like that to "play" with. Both of us can't do what we are used to and a machine is a asset if possible.
Nor can I anymore :tango_face_angel: I need to get over to your You Tube site, been a while

Others make smaller FELs, you guys will bump into one sooner or later.

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Nor can I anymore :tango_face_angel: I need to get over to your You Tube site, been a while

Others make smaller FELs, you guys will bump into one sooner or later.
Not a lot of videos, been posting a few here and there.

·
Premium Member
9,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Send it back, there’s no rust on it.

Is there an emblem on the front?

:hide::dogrun:
Here is one of the "projects" this year. X320. No Emblem heck No front :tango_face_devil:

Attachments

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,760 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What's the big deal with the front emblem? Am I missing something? ?
Yes. Old inside joke. I used to say you could tell how well a JD 318 was taken care of if it did or didnot have the VERY breakable Grill Emblem. ( they pulled off the grill by the Emblem. and just the Emblem came off). If they didn't care to replace the Emblem when it broke what else did they skimp on. AND now you know the REST of the story LOL

·
Premium Member
9,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gee, that machine isn't old enough to look like that!!! Hey, you going to take the 1023E out and pretend you're clearing snow with it??:tango_face_devil:
KATT Magic................ X320 all better.
No I put it in the barn Sat for the winter.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yes. Old inside joke. I used to say you could tell how well a JD 318 was taken care of if it did or didnot have the VERY breakable Grill Emblem. ( they pulled off the grill by the Emblem. and just the Emblem came off). If they didn't care to replace the Emblem when it broke what else did they skimp on. AND now you know the REST of the story LOL
Ah okay, I get it now. Lol. Well my 332 is missing it's factory emblem AND grill. In it's place, someone has made a nice custom grill and applied a very UN-breakable leaping deere decal. Now that's all good with me but you may be onto something with your theory, as this tractor wasn't very well cared for by the previous owner(s). But it was either buy this one or another that was in better shape but double the price, which would seriously delay my boat-buying plans. In a few years I'll probably trade up to a SCUT like you bought.

·
Premium Member
9,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got a used ballast box today. In anticipation of a loader I have a lead on.

It was finally above freezing, but the box was filled with frozen stone dust.

We had to chip out enough to lift it on the work table to defrost till spring, for repainting.

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts
Since KATT is really bringing Up Memories My Old X485 at the Old House with the Best emblem there is :ROFLMAO: :LOL:?(y)
IMG_0049-1.jpg
u

·
Premium Member
9,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Serg Will a 2017 D120 loader fit a 2012 1023e ?? I feel it should but you know JD LOL

P.S. I didn't like it the first time LOL !!!!!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts