My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an older John deere gt235 48" deck with the k71b transaxle. It is leaking fluid from input seal only. Is there a known size of this input seal so I can order a seal for replacement that anyone is anywhere of?. I can't seam to be able to get the seal anywhere specific to the tufftorq brand, my only idea now is to order one similar in size before I disable it. if I could get any help with this it would be super awesome.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I'm not understanding what you are asking. The seal seems to be available on the tuff torq site for $4.52. Part number, assuming I looked at the correct 71b axle albeit I would guess they are likely the same, is 19216725260. Seal specs are 17x47x8 if you want to try to find an alternate source.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I have heard that the Tufftorq tech line people are exceedingly helpful. You might try a call there to see what they have to say. Although their site shows much of the K71 seal parts as no longer available, they might have a suggestion for you.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I've got an older John deere gt235 48" deck with the k71b transaxle. It is leaking fluid from input seal only. Is there a known size of this input seal so I can order a seal for replacement that anyone is anywhere of?. I can't seam to be able to get the seal anywhere specific to the tufftorq brand, my only idea now is to order one similar in size before I disable it. if I could get any help with this it would be super awesome.
Do you mean part #4 below?

Part Number:
M806608
Part Price: 9.80 USD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not understanding what you are asking. The seal seems to be available on the tuff torq site for $4.52. Part number, assuming I looked at the correct 71b axle albeit I would guess they are likely the same, is 19216725260. Seal specs are 17x47x8 if you want to try to find an alternate source.
Thanks for that information! for some reason when I go to the sight it's just underwhelming and only shows 2 kits that are total rebuilds available and mine is not needing a total rebuild for nearly $500.00 and I can't tell wich would be for my transmission. One kit is roughly $0.30 more than the other last I checked ans looks to be the same thing with a different part#. I guess my question should be "how to do a parts look up/use the website" in thr future because ive not once found this info

·
Registered
981 Posts
Tuff Torq's website has never been great but they have made some changes to it since I last visited that make it even more difficult. I would just call them or order from Deere.

And if were me, I would get the seal kit from TT, which I think is less than $100, and replace all the seals while I was at it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with replacing all the seals thanks for you help guys this was extremely helpful I did manage, with yall's help, to look further in to there websight and was able to figure out what I was doing wrong. If I could I would pay y'all for the suport, thanks again big time. I'll go and see if I can actually get the seal kit. I do believe most seals where out of stock ordered separately so I'll look in to that aswell. 4am here headed back to bed shortly, y'all be safe with this covid-19 going around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts