My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I mowed today and it didn't miss a beat. Climbs right up my hills like nothing. THis was the best $800 I could of spent IMO.

If you have any mechanical experience what-so-ever you can do this.

·
JD X585 owner
509 Posts
I mowed today and it didn't miss a beat. Climbs right up my hills like nothing. THis was the best $800 I could of spent IMO.

If you have any mechanical experience what-so-ever you can do this.
Congrats on a job well done! :fing32: :greendr:

·
I break things
364 Posts
Hey glad it worked out for you. Looks good and i bet it feels like a completely different machine.

Did you get the 26" tires you mentioned in the first post. The max tire diameter for the K66 is something around 23 inches. After going through the swap would hate to see you damage the transaxle. It might not really be too much of an issue just a thought though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hey glad it worked out for you. Looks good and i bet it feels like a completely different machine.

Did you get the 26" tires you mentioned in the first post. The max tire diameter for the K66 is something around 23 inches. After going through the swap would hate to see you damage the transaxle. It might not really be too much of an issue just a thought though.
23x10.50-12 was tire size I used on 10.5" wide wheels.

Not really concerned with anything as I was told it would not work in the first place. Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Changing fluid this weekend...

1) To see how hard it is to do with my new configuration

2) Ensure it has 5W-50 in it

3) Can't stop tinkering

LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey man, I'm doing something similar on my Husqvarna. Can I ask how you tied the tie rods into the pedal assembly? Just drill a hole in it and bolt the tie rod end in or what? Also, how's it holding up?

Holy thread necromancy Batman :)

41 - 48 of 48 Posts