My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am confused. I am rebuilding my K532 but I cant find rings anywhere. All that is on the net are for a 12hp K532. Why would there even be a 12hp with the same model? Why cant I get rings for the 20hp?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I think you are misinterpreting something. The Kohler engines often share parts between similar engines. In the case of the 532, I think it shares parts with the K301 single cylinder, which is a 12hp. It just uses 2 instead of one ring set.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just rebuilt my K532S this last winter/spring and the ope engine link listed previously was the best place I could find for all the parts I needed. Just pay close attention to the different sizes available. If I remember there were three different sizes available.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have actually looked at several places including that one and they all say the exact same thing. Either you buy the whole piston with rings or nothing. The rings, even under the parts for the K532 say for K582 only in parentheses. I even have the original parts list that says the same thing. I have also seen them on ebay and the description always has a warning that "these will not fit a 20hp engine they are for 12hp" and they usually say for engines with serial# after XXXXXXXX. I guess Ill probably have to reuse the old ones if I cant figure this thing out. Maybe Ill try to post a pic of the diagram with parts so you guys can see what Im talking about.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Follow that link and you will see exactly what I am talking about. I just copied this from that site (where I planned on originally getting them from)

"K301, K532 (12 HP)
(before serial # 1730100013)(CHROME RINGS)"

This is what the description is. There are also oversized rings, but all have the exact same description.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 48 108 01-S
Add to cart RINGS STD. MODEL K582
1 48 108 02-S
Add to cart RINGS .010 MODEL K582
1 48 108 03-S
Add to cart RINGS .020 MODEL K582
1 48 108 04-S
Add to cart RINGS .030 MODEL K582

Here is the text from that page Steevo. I tried to attach the diagram but the forum wont let me upload any pictures right now for somw reason. Notice they all say "K582"?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Follow that link and you will see exactly what I am talking about. I just copied this from that site (where I planned on originally getting them from)

"K301, K532 (12 HP)
(before serial # 1730100013)(CHROME RINGS)"

This is what the description is. There are also oversized rings, but all have the exact same description.
Im not sure what you are saying. Clearly they list both engines. Yes, it does not say 20HP in addition to the 12HP.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.