My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Got my JX75 a few years ago and would love to keep it going for a long time.
I've replaced the blade clutch already, but have a few more things I'd like to fix.

I'm about to order new Clutch Control cable since mine is original and was only held on to the bar by some wire and those little wires are now failing.

Two issues I have, and maybe some guys have some insight that could be helpful...

1. I need to engage the BCC level to start the engine. I dont think this is correct. If its not forward, I cannot pull the cord at all.
2. I also need to use a bungee of some kind to hold the BCC level forward, otherwise it just keeps popping backwards.

Hoping I dont need to spend $103 for a new BCC level and cable.

Any thoughts?
Best place or cheapest place to order replacement parts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
for about 50$ -you can remove the bbc and be done with its problems. I do it to all of my deers. everything envolving the bbc is expencive. you should be able to pull start the engine with the bbc engaged. there is no cheap place to get parts for these . ebay and john deere are only place to get parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll think about removing it, but it one of the features I like best. Feel safer with my boys doing the lawn with that ability.

I can start with BCC engaged, but its the only way I can pull start it. I would figure you'd want to be able to start it without it engaged if so desired.
If BCC is not engaged, I cannot pull the cord whatsever. I'm curious on why this may be.

Thanks for the help, Dan!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts