My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yea, whole lot of squat here too. My tractor is getting very bored in the garage with a blower strapped to it.

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
You can have our snow as long as you take the 6 degree temps with it. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can have our snow as long as you take the 6 degree temps with it. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
im use to the low temps ill take em ...here in chicago we get bad lake effect and super cold weather last winter i think we had a span of about 2 months where it didnt go above 15

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Well FYI, we have forsythia blooming here in this part of New York.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I was anxious last year as the tractor blower was new and I wanted to see what it could do. so I can understand the anxiety-

Now that I know how well it works, if we get NO SNOW this year it will be fine with me, but if (WHEN) we do get a dump, I'm ready...!

·
Always Learning
2,158 Posts
Hah! 3" tomorrow! Wish me luck boys!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Heck! I still have some small bush roses blooming in front of the house and it has new buds!

Of course they are in front of the dryer vent, but hey...they are still growing.

I want them buried in about two foot of the white stuff. After I get my fuel cans loaded up that is!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Got a whole 1/2" on the ground right now, this morning I70 was shut down for 2hours near Columbia,Mo. It sure was a skating rink it snowed and then turned into a mix on top making ice. I want more but preferably on the weekend when I have more time to play with the tractor. :trink39::trink39::trink39:

·
Tractor nut, general nut
461 Posts
It was 58 F here this morning, but by 10 I was mowing in shorts and a T-shirt... 72 F. :sorry1:

Guess no snow for us here in FL... :trink40:

·
Super Moderator
16,674 Posts
It was 58 F here this morning, but by 10 I was mowing in shorts and a T-shirt... 72 F. :sorry1:

Guess no snow for us here in FL... :trink40:
I have seen it snow in down there Before of coarse it was gone By afternoon But In 1993 there was quite a Bit of Snow in FL. It's snowed as far south as St. Lucie County, FL Before So You might get Your wish or we in the North Might get are wish that You get to share in are white fluffy Stuff. I always Love to see it when it snows down south the States shutdown::sidelaugh:sidelaugh
:sorry1:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Do you all have the mad "toilet paper, milk, eggs and bread" rush like here in Maryland?

I seem to think I am missing out on something here. I have lived here all my life and I dont know if it is tradition when it snows you make eggs, toast and drink milk and then battle for the bathroom as a sport or what the reasoning is.

There is pretty much a store every few blocks and even in a major snow event the snow is usually off of the road in two days so as long as I have one loaf, six eggs, half gallon of milk and two rolls of "moon tape", IM GOOD for a full week! Now, my coffee is ANOTHER matter!:coffee::coffee::coffee::tee::trink21:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Nah with me it's milk,beef,beans,eggs,pie,cake and cookie makings. Got to keep the kids happy ya know, two days indoors with us kids and Momma is going bonkers. LOL.... Yes the same rush happens down here too. :howdy::trink39::trink39:

·
Super Moderator
16,674 Posts
Do you all have the mad "toilet paper, milk, eggs and bread" rush like here in Maryland?

I seem to think I am missing out on something here. I have lived here all my life and I dont know if it is tradition when it snows you make eggs, toast and drink milk and then battle for the bathroom as a sport or what the reasoning is.

There is pretty much a store every few blocks and even in a major snow event the snow is usually off of the road in two days so as long as I have one loaf, six eggs, half gallon of milk and two rolls of "moon tape", IM GOOD for a full week! Now, my coffee is ANOTHER matter!:coffee::coffee::coffee::tee::trink21:
They Only time I saw The Northeast shut down was the Ice storm of 98 I was still in the Army at that time and they called out the Federal troops(10th MTN Division)( also Meaning Me a very grumpy Master sergeant) in Northern NY and Let the National Guard Stay Home. Ever since Hurricane Andrew in 92 the 10th Mountain Division is one Federal force that has a Stateside Mission. But Here since I have retired back to my Home state of IL snow slows us down but we don’t panic even back in the Blizzard of 67 or 79 in the Chicago area we just kept on going as though it a Normal day even Last years Blizzard:thThumbsU

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They Only time I saw The Northeast shut down was the Ice storm of 98 I was still in the Army at that time and they called out the Federal troops(10th MTN Division)( also Meaning Me a very grumpy Master sergeant) in Northern NY and Let the National Guard Stay Home. Ever since Hurricane Andrew in 92 the 10th Mountain Division is one Federal force that has a Stateside Mission. But Here since I have retired back to my Home state of IL snow slows us down but we don’t panic even back in the Blizzard of 67 or 79 in the Chicago area we just kept on going as though it a Normal day even Last years Blizzard:thThumbsU
Sergeant why do people freak out with snow ?? all i change in the winter months is i might buy some more canned foods earlier in the season or stuff that dont go bad fast :thThumbsU the big snow we got at the end of this years season was crazy here in worth il (abou 30min south west of chicago) i took a drive to the store and it was mobbed the day before it hit ...no joke all the bread was gone, milk was very low ....lol people dont use their heads lol buy stuff that you need , oatmeal, meats,,eggs are good too , i normally stock up on meal replacements that can be mixed with water so if something happened i could go for a week without leaving the house , almost have to think in advance . people never think of the importance of a generator bought one the first year in the house lol ill stop going i bet i could say alot ....

anyways hope we get snow soon i need to plow :praying:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Not trying to hijack the thread, but I just thought we Marylanders were a strange bunch in general when it comes to snow. Maybe we are not far enough North and not deep enough South to have what it takes to be consistant drivers in the snow (or rain, or sunshine........).

I think I will start another thread on this. Will be interesting to see what others do in different areas.

And Dexter. My ex father in law has taught me many lessons (special forces) and one thing I learned was to keep a case of good ol' MRE's on hand. They have kept my belly from being hollow when I got caught unprepared coming home from working a blizzard and having no power. I also carry a P-38 can opener on my key ring. Cold beans are better than no beans! :thThumbsU

·
MTF & OCC Poster
57 Posts
Although I usually use my ATV with a blade for the light stuff, The weather is just not cooperating. No frost, no freeze and no snow.

This year I have my Cub 1440 all chained up and with wheel weights, and I'm itchin' to push some snow!

Got my bucket loader all set and ready for the heavy stuff too!.... where is it!!
My snowmobiles are waiting for some action too, here in Upstate NY.

Maybe I just forgot to do my snowdance this year!! ....Yeah, that's it!!

·
MTF & OCC Poster
57 Posts
I might have to cut my grass again!
Hehehe... Had the same thought cross my mind here! Keepin' the mower deck on the JD for that:dunno:!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Here in SE CT we are having 50 degree weather. Maybe some of you are bummed cause you can't "play" in the snow but I sure love screwing the oil companies. :) They have been screwing us for years so just this few weeks makes me happy.

People panic today when a storm comes in but remember there are no more corner stores. Today you have to drive to buy just about anything. When I was a young man :p I could walk a block in about any direction and there was a Mom and Pop store. They lived on the property so they were open. Of course back then people knew how to write your bill on a piece of paper and count change back to you so they didn't need power. They might have to go to the back door and get your milk out of the snow bank but you could get what you needed.
When I was real young I won the birthday on the local radio station at a local bakery. March 20th and it was a blizzard. My Mom bundled me up, put me on my sled and pulled me about 3 blocks to the bakery to get my cake and then pulled me home. What a great memory. How many parents would do that today? Many would get their SUV stuck in the snow and be complaining cause they couldn't get cell service. Some things have gotten better and some things not so much.
Merry Ho Ho.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts