My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been riding for a long time, and the spring itch is once again attacking me...
Wont be long before I uncover these guys once the temps get warm enough.
I dont enjoy riding when the tires never reach optimum tempreatures...

The VMax is my still favorite two up rider and the 996 my v-twin sport rider...
New Hampshire is my favorite state to ride in so far, but I admit I havent riden in all states yet :)

Duc

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Looking good Duc ,
I`ve had several bikes over the years , I sold my last three about 4 year ago, My back would only let me ride about 50 mile at a time. Now I wish I would have kept the 800 for short rides here local.
We have a stretch of highway called state hwy 7 , south of Harrison Ar. to clarksville Ar. 70 some mile (Ozark mountain range). We get car clubs and Bike group`s doing Runs on this stretch. I`ve heard the Vette. clubs voted
it #2 in the US. Don`t quote me on that. There must be somewhere to varify that.
Anyway , looks like you are rideing in style.
Oh yal , on some of these curves you can check your own tail light.

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
Hey, Ducati those are nice rides and I have a suggestion if you ever want a fun ride in Washington state. It is the North Cascades Highway from Burlington, Washington to Wintrop, Washington. This is one of my favorites and is a 100 mile ride. You basically go from sea level at Burlington to 5,000 feet to the east side of the mountains at about 1500 fett up. This highway is a major draw for tourist in the summer and the best time to ride the highway is Tuesday thru Thursday (do not even think of riding on or near a weekend as the traffic is quite heavy). I have done it many times to get the wind back in my sails but the wife will not even consider riding with me, she just follows in the truck, I haven't been able to do the pass in the last couple years due to the problems I have had with my ears.

·
m-ODD-r8r
2,357 Posts
drbailey said:
...My back would only let me ride about 50 mile at a time. ...
Have you considered a trike? There are a bunch that offer a much better seating position. At least in the VW powered ones we service at the family shop.

-=A=-

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
CatDaddy said:
Have you considered a trike? There are a bunch that offer a much better seating position. At least in the VW powered ones we service at the family shop.

-=A=-
They come in just two sizes, I am told:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
and two makes two

Attachments

·
m-ODD-r8r
2,357 Posts
MowHoward2210 said:
and two makes two
Jeez! That was something wasn't it? I remember watching when they built that 'monster'. That ep. was a blast.

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
3,101 Posts
MowHoward2210 said:
and two makes two
I just watched that last week on Monster garage Mow. Big peterbuilt diesel motor on a trike. Did you see the blind side the driver has? He couldn't even see the right side of the road because the engine was in his way. No way i'm taking that thing for a ride.

Durwood

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Durwood said:
I just watched that last week on Monster garage Mow. Big peterbuilt diesel motor on a trike. Did you see the blind side the driver has? He couldn't even see the right side of the road because the engine was in his way. No way i'm taking that thing for a ride.

Durwood
It's got some "low end grunt" though!!!

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Thanks Catdaddy,
I bet my back would be better on a trike , I`m ashamed to say that I didn`t think of a trike,That was my little brothers means of rideing. I gotta tell ya ,, My brother terry built his trike showed it right after it was done, got a trophy,That night took him to a hospital , passed away 4 weeks later. It was a fast cancer. I like to show what my brothers can do . I`ll try to post a pic. of the vw powered trike.
Thanks Catdaddy

Attachments

·
m-ODD-r8r
2,357 Posts
Wow Dr.B! That's the trike? Looks cool!

Do you have a bigger photo? I'd really like to see that in a larger format!

Sorry to hear about your brother. It's good to know he won an award for his hard work.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
:ditto: about your brother, Dr. B. Thanks for sharing his work with us. :)

·
m-ODD-r8r
2,357 Posts
drbailey said:
Thanks guys ,
I`m haveing trouble finding other shots of the trike, I`ll try to resize this one
and sent a rear shot.

Dr.B, check your PMs!

Angel

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
3,101 Posts
I'm really sorry about you brother Dr. B. Was he an older or younger brother?
BTW...That is a really cool tryke he built.

Durwood

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Hi Durwood ,
Thanks for careing , Terry was 54 when he passed in 03 , My oldest Brother was 67 , he passed in 04 , I have another older brother and I`m 62 in a few days.
All that took alot out of me , but Im ok now , I can`t do 100 but close to 70 ! :fing02:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Nice looking bikes, DUC.

I've had about 13 motorcycles/ATV's over the years but none as fast as those. My fastest was a Honda 700 Nighthawk S. That was fast enough for me.

At this time, I'm down to zero bikes or ATVs & only 1 snowmobile and 2 tractors. Maybe I'm getting old - will be 40 this year.

·
Super Moderator
32,048 Posts
Keweenaw4310 said:
Nice looking bikes, DUC.

I've had about 13 motorcycles/ATV's over the years but none as fast as those. My fastest was a Honda 700 Nighthawk S. That was fast enough for me.

At this time, I'm down to zero bikes or ATVs & only 1 snowmobile and 2 tractors. Maybe I'm getting old - will be 40 this year.
Will you STOP saying 40 is old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D I am with you. I hit the big 4 0 this summer.

As for bikes I have two. On old Yamaha RD400. two stroke buzbomb. Scared a LOT of people with that thing. And also a GS 650L that is just a nice mid size all around good bike. I have not rode in a few years though, and bolth are going up for sale. Just no time any more.

·
Scags rule
61 Posts
Ingersoll444 said:
Will you STOP saying 40 is old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D I am with you. I hit the big 4 0 this summer.
Me too. I'll be 40 in June. The last bike I had was about 17 years ago and it was a Honda Nighthawk 650. I grew up with dirt bikes, and 3 wheelers but got away from them when I started boating. My 8 yr old just got a Yamaha PW50 for Christmas and now I have the bug to get another dirt bike or better yet a dual sport so I can do both.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts