My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandfather gave me a 210 for a house warming present. I'm real excited to get her going, and restoring her. I have a few questions I'm hoping to get answered. First off the main serial number tag is gone, i have one on the mower deck and i think it is 4739D 303298M. By the research i have done i think it sould be an 1984 tractor. I guess that the deck could be from another tractor, which brings my next question. Are all 210's interchangable? Meaning will parts from a 1975 be the same as an 87? I went to my local tractor store to get tuneup parts and he wanted the year. At that time i did not have any serial number. If all JD 210 are the 10 horse kohler shouldn't they all take the same sparkplugs/filters/wires/etc? If i find a service manual for a JD 210 does it have to be for the 84 model? Also are there catalogs that have all parts that are available for my 210?

For tune-ups what would be the recommended way to go? I'm thinking plug, wire, fuel/air filter, oil change. Sould i go with straight 30w? People at the tractor shop said they all do 10w30. Lastly would it hurt to run a little seafoam in the tank/oil/or through a vaccum line? I was told i could but don't over do it. I just want it to run as strong as it can with out going into it internally.

Thanks!
justin

·
Administrator
12,568 Posts
Here is your manual, I bought mine through this company no problems:
http://www.davenporttractor.com/p-7...14-service-manual-lawn-and-garden-sm2105.aspx

I'm not certain of all the 200 series (208,210,212,214,216) interchanging, serial number breaks along the way for updates and improvements, but a lot of parts and all the attachments (cutting decks, snow blade, tillers, blowers) will I'm sure.

I use straight 30w oil in the summer and a lighter oil for cold starts in the winter. The Seafoam, I treat the fuel in my fuel jugs and use it in all my small engine and a Mercury outboard on my boat. I've had no carb issues in years, the Seafoam is a good stabilizer and cleaner. I've never used it in engine oil or vacuum tube so I can't comment on that.

Good luck with the new 210!

·
Gear Driver
332 Posts
As far as plugs/points/condenser goes it should all be the same. The engine mount changed around 77 or 78. They also switched the PTO linkage and from a manual PTO to an electric PTO at some point. If you have an electric PTO then yours should be one of the newer ones so definitely post 1980. Maintenance parts should be the same though. I am not an expert by any means but this is what I have gathered over the last couple years of tinkering with my 214. Congrats on the nice gift and I hope this helps.

:MTF_wel::wwp:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts