My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share the news! I work maintenace at our Jail here where I live. I was kinda put incharge of purchasing a new GT for our facility. We are strictly John Deere here. When I first started, they had a 425. That thing looked like it had been put through heck and back. It had 1800 hrs on it. When it was first new, they had "inmate workers", so... it was getting very abused. Well, after 1 motor replacement, and numerous fixes on it, it was time to trade it in.

Our local John Deere dealer gave us $525.00 for the 425. We kept our front blade and broom for the new one. They said all we would have to do is get longer hydraulic hoses made for our adapter.

So... the only thing my boss requested was to stay with a Garden Tractor style obviously so we could use our attachments. We had $12,000 in the budget for a new machine. Our sales rep we always deal with got us into the x740 with the diesel, 62in deck for just over $9,000.00!

I'm pretty stoked to get it. And it will only be ran by myself or our hired lawn care help, who treats the equipment very well! I'll try to post some pictures up as soon as we take delievery!

·
TE Forum Contributor
408 Posts
Wow, that is cool that the dealer worked with you guys and that you get to play on a Deere while you are working! Congrats! :)

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,538 Posts
So, is the 425 on parole?

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and have fun at work. :thThumbsU

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,540 Posts
Congrats!!!!! You already seem to know how much fun a new X748 is going to be! Enjoy!!! :greendr:

·
Super Moderator
39,238 Posts
Well congrats on the new GT for work! Makes getting thing done way more efficient than fighting issues on older ones. Shame that the 425 wasn't maintained well. The inmates at our jail seem to take pretty good care of the 2305 they have though. Not just any inmate is allowed to operate it though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts