My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all i am new here . I just picked up this older yardman for 275.00 it has a kohler command 16 hp engine, and 48" cut seems better than average for the age. I was just wondering if you all know some more info on this. I don't know the year. and i have not seen anything on the internet about this. looks like it can take a snowblower and tiller? am i wrong. I am not that experienced. it also has a hydrostatic trans and switch on PTO. any additional info would be great. thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Welcome to the forum JeffreyBerry. Nice condition. It looks old enough that the original snow blower might take some searching to find.

Your Yardman would be considered a lawn tractor. It may not be heavy enough to do ground engagement work like a tiller. A garden tractor is heavier and most have a frame and and a rear lift setup. If you read though some of the posts, there is a lot of information and pictures to fill you brain to overflowing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. does anyone know how to get a manual for this tractor, or something close. I have looked at a lot of posts in this forum. Still having a hard time finding a comparable mtd model or serial number. here is a pick of the model/ serial sticker. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lot/model# 13765-9/E259D

serial# D 363483

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey there. I sent you an email, not sure if you got it though, check your spam. Anyways, your yard man is a smaller frame than my 88 mtd, by mtds accord, my tractor is an 800 series, it has the heavy duty trans and front axle. Your tractor looks like a regular mtd rider mower with the same grille and hood as an 800 series. I own an 81 montgomery wards that is built the same way as your mower, with the exception that it is orange and has a manual trans.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies, and info on my new ride. I have been using it for almost 2 weeks now. It is feeling like it was a pretty good deal. It runs strong and cuts real well. i found a parts list and it appears most parts are available still. I would still like to find a manual if anyone can steer me to one for this machine or similar. The MTD site does not have the manual for this but did have the manual for the 46" deck. I did discover this is in fact a 1989 model.
thanks for reading and i appreciate any info. thanks again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the offer madspeed. I don't think this will take a snowblower as it has no attachement point and no accomodation on the pto. thanks anyway.

it has been a while since i posted. this lawn tractor is working out well. i have had to work out the bugs from not being maintained well and not being used much for a while before me..

i have not put much $$$ into it, as i have done all the work myself. work done:
cleaned up and changed fluid in hydro rear. the linkage was loose to the controller resulting in slower speed. now it is good.

pto wiring was bad, found the pto was not installed correctly. once i fixed the wiring, adjusted and reinstalled the pto all is good.

had a fuel issue, it ended up being a loose fuel pump on the engine block, all other fuel components were good. This is a Kohler Magnum engine ( i originally posted it as a kohler command).

picked up a new set of deck blades. hope to install asap. current ones are worn out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts