My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I need TP...
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a real steal, nice clean snapper that just needs some engine work for $50! Could use a grass chute too. Can't tell what the model number is, any help? Can I find it anywhere else on the mower?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Nice looking Snapper rer; the model number and serial number label can be located on the back frame behind the engine.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
A puzzler The 5 number "part number is also useful, but not very readable It appears to be a M281021BE, from some listings. The photo looks like one of these". I have a series 21 the major difference in these from the numerous series 23 is the adjustment of the "tube" for belt adjustment. I'll try for a photo of this. Mine is the "Wal Mart" model WM280921B (as cheap as they would build) My main complaint is WM didn't know how to service one for delivery ,and the rear end was "dry" It lead to early transmission and gear case failure. I was able to repair it myself. The Briggs didn't last long either and I 're-powered it with a Honda GXV390.

Attachments

·
I need TP...
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Just gave the thing a cleaning and didn't find any other model/serial numbers on it. :(
Can you take a picture of your snapper with the tube adjuster part and I will look for it on mine or just gotta go by the exploded view?

Just realized too, I picked this snapper up from a guy in McDonough, GA!

I assume the pictured wires go to the seat sensor? Does it matter how they are hooked up?

Ok and I know it has a 10HP engine on it, lets assume its the original one so that gives us.

M28102???

Attachments

·
I need TP...
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Won't let me edit post but I was thinking about it and looking at the model # link from The_Geologist again and I about got it! It has a Briggs engine and is electric start so just missing one digit!

M28102_BE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts