My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a sears craftsman 2 2 stage snow blower with electric start for $100 today it needs one rear tire fixed as it gos flat. got new tire chains with it .It has an 8hp Tecumseh ,28 inch cut.. it even has a work light that works ...i put fresh gas in it pulled it over twice and it fired right up ...I think i did pretty good will post pics later on today

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
My sister still has a Sears 8hp snowblower that my father purchased back around 1978 or so. The thing is an absolute beast of a machine - all steel and rugged as ****. Whoever built them for Sears back then really built them well. I hope we have a good winter (lots of snow) - Good luck with your "new" toy and yes :wwp:.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My sister still has a Sears 8hp snowblower that my father purchased back around 1978 or so. The thing is an absolute beast of a machine - all steel and rugged as ****. Whoever built them for Sears back then really built them well. I hope we have a good winter (lots of snow) - Good luck with your "new" toy and yes :wwp:.

I like the older myself i had an early 70s that was a single stage had one gear ..the aurger had little rubber paddles on it ,,and i think it had a 5hp motor on it ..For the size of it it was a beast also ...I picked it up for $50 and restored it ..A fellow that collects them around here came and bought it .....I am going to post pics of the newer one today

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was tinkering with the snow blower yesterday and i found something very odd ..I was surprised that it even ran ....I took the bolts out of the cover around the carb and the carb fell off the only thing hold it was the 2 little screws that go threw the cover and the GOV linkage.The other bolts that hold it to the intake where missing ..They had the main jet screwed way out to keep it running ...I had never seen this before ...Put all back together and it runs perfect ...It should sell pretty quick this winter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts