My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a new tractor that I just picked up. Runs great ! Can anyone tell me what it is, and where I can find a manual ? The only numbers I can find are stamped into the plate by the shifter - 6364. That's all I can find. Thanks !

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
It is 50 years old, good luck finding a manual but search under Craftsman Suburban You can find engine and transmission info by posting the individual model numbers.

·
Registered
972 Posts
It better look like this by next week!
I googled "vintage craftsman suburban mowers" then hit image button.
You may find information that way.
20210608_204413.jpg
2021_06_08_20.43.15.jpg
2021_06_08_20.43.24.jpg

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
Neat!

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I think it's actually a '66 or earlier Sears Suburban 10 or 12. The square fenders are a holdover from the David Bradley series tractors and then Sears went to round fenders in '67.

Here's my now ancient video series of my '67 Suburban restoration. It might have a few helpful tidbits for you.

Sears Suburban Restoration

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a lot guys.

I cleaned it up a little and it looks like it has had a restoration at some point. there's a different carb on it. Runs OK, but I'll tell ya this thing is fast !

Anyone know where I can find a model number ?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
For the most part it looks original to me. Yeah they are fast and dangerous, that's why I luv em! :cool: Look where your feet go if they slip off the tiny foot rest!

Re: the serial number, it should be on that plate just forward of the shifter. Get a flash light and get down to look at it from different angles, it should be stamped into the aluminum. You may also be able to lay some paper over it and rub the side of a pencil lead across to transfer the stamped numbers.

Reactions: Sevenhills1952
1 - 10 of 10 Posts