My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just convinced my wonderful wife (it didn't take much convincing, she's the best) that I need a JB for this years projects and yearly mulching we do.

Got the turbo dump, bucket double and tooth bar. Didn't get the joystick but I'm sure many on here will tell me I should have. I'll be ok with the toggle buttons.

Oh yeah, there is an 8% discount through Feb 29th if you are a first time customer!!!

Can you tell I've wanted one of these for several years now............:woohoo1:

· Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, my wife ask me if I had weights to handle this. I said not problem, its sitting right now with 4 suitcase weights and also has wheel weights on for snow thrower and blade ops. I'll just leave 'em on this time when taking the snow stuff off. I might even need to put the chains back on later since I have the original turfs on it still.
dave

· Premium Member
10,317 Posts
You will love it. BTW, you can't have too much weight!

· Registered
12,406 Posts
Go Dave! You're gonna love it. Re. "no joystick", I have one but didn't have enough wire to reach the fender. I mounted my 2 switches in a HD electrical box and one-bolted it to the plow angle support rod on the left side. PERFECTO!

I also have 4 suitcases for weight w/50#'s of extra c-ment castings to hang on the back of them which I've never needed with JB. First thing I tested my JB on were some forsythia roots which it made short work of. You have to go at it a bit differently than you would with a FEL because there just isn't the breakout force. But once you figure it out those teeth will do a bunch of work!

BTW, the "clicking razzy noise" you will hear is the clutches protecting the actuators when they reach end of travel or are over loaded. After a while you won't be making that noise at all.:)

· Premium Member
9,769 Posts
:congrats: Good for you Dave :fing32:

· Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys!!! Really appreciate the well wishes and ideas for mounting it. Pictures are very helpful for running harnesses, button mounting,etc.

Harold, do you have any pics of your switch mount on the plow angle support? That sounds like a really handy place to put them although I usually steer with my left hand. Guess I might need to think about this.....:duh:

· Registered
989 Posts
:woohoo1: :woohoo1: :woohoo1: :woohoo1:

Congrats!

· Registered
1,130 Posts
I have the same setup you ordered on my GX345. It is an awesome attachment. Ditto on the comments about weight. I mounted the two toggle switches on the steering column right above my left knee. I steer right handed.

· Registered
228 Posts
You are going to love it. I bought mine last April & used it all summer. If I get a different tractor it will be one of first attachments I put on. :thThumbsU

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.