My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a post concerning my new 2544 with a broken hood. I was comparing some more things between my old LT1045 and this new one (besides the obvious). On the 2500 series there are no MTD blade of grass logos anywhere. The 1045 has one on the center of the hood, and each side on the logo. I know MTD owns cub, but are the 2500 built at the same factory, same standards...... Just curious why MTD didn't put their mark on them either.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Howdy-

Yes, MTD does make the GT's. Don't know why there are no MTD logos, but you are right, I have not seen any on my 2550 either. I know the GT's do not share much with the 1000/1500's so they may be made on a different line (or plant?).

I suspect someone will be along shortly with info on which plant makes the GT's. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe you can answer this, are any of the CC LT and GT series made in America? My cousin has a 2000 series GT and on the back seat there is a made in USA sticker. I was just wondering about the newer ones.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Yes, they are made here, but I am sure that at least some of the parts are not. I read in a post awhile back that China was cast into transaxle parts so part or all of that may have come from there.

I don't like it, but it's getting really difficult to find anything that does not have something from China in it.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hate to hear that.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I asked on the Cub website where the 2500's are made and they confirmed that it was Brownsville. They did not say where production will be moved to after Brownsville is closed. I don't know what else was made there.

Sucks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
All - I will answer the two questions for you:
1.) When MTD bought Cub, they decided that they wanted to put the three blades of grass on the logo so that people knew it was made by MTD. This strategy backfired since consumers realized it was made by MTD which was a far inferior company. When this was figured out, MTD removed the three blades of grass from all pieces so that the consumer was left guessing.
2.) The 2000 and 3000 series tractors had been built at Brownsville, but since the plant closed, these two platforms moved up the street to the Martin, TN plant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts