My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Blank Space
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to get the mail and there they were, probably 2-300' away in the field across the road. Six of them, just standing there looking back at me, none of us moving. Usually when they see me, they let out a snort of alarm and go bounding off as fast as they can, their white tails showing where they went.

Not sure if this is the same bunch that's been leaving pellets all over my yard every night or not.

Wish I'd had a camera.

·
Premium Member
10,304 Posts
Went out to get the mail and there they were, probably 2-300' away in the field across the road. Six of them, just standing there looking back at me, none of us moving. Usually when they see me, they let out a snort of alarm and go bounding off as fast as they can, their white tails showing where they went.

Not sure if this is the same bunch that's been leaving pellets all over my yard every night or not.

Wish I'd had a camera.
Clearly they know the season is over!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
As a deer hunter my thought is that you posed as a no threat to them. Know if you were in a slow sneaking position making eye contact with them they would probably be gone. I have walked in rain with in 20 yards never seeing them then stop to look around then they blow and run. I feel if I kept walking they would not be worried but stopping causes alarm.

·
Premium Member
22,112 Posts
We have them come visit regularly at our place. This picture taken from our dinner table.

Attachments

·
Blank Space
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As a deer hunter my thought is that you posed as a no threat to them. Know if you were in a slow sneaking position making eye contact with them they would probably be gone.
All seven of us were making direct eye contact.

I don't mind them in my/their/our yard.

They only bother me when they're on the road in front of me at 50 or so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.