My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Lawn Boys Never Die
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a John Deere 14sb. It is super dirty, but had good compression and spark. The lady I got it from was cleaning out her garage and said this mower has not beeen used for several years. I checked the tank and no gas, so that is good. It came with the mulch plug and bagger. Now on to the pictures!! That makes 2 14sb's in the last two weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I've never seen a JOHN EERE. :ROF:hide:

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
NIce find !

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I've never seen a JOHN EERE. :ROF:hide:
What's a 14SB?:hide: :sidelaugh

No but seriously, there has been a lot of talk of the 14SB around here lately. That just goes to show how popular they are. I think LawnboyDan said it is the best mower ever built. I have the older version (Lawnboy made 14SB), but have never experienced the later version, as seen above.

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,788 Posts
SOme people have all the luck.

·
4,788 Posts
But you say that about half the machines on the planet... LOL If it were some machine that were plentiful in this area I probably would consider one Dan. Probably one every 100 miles around this area..

This is the only affordable John Deere near me Dan

http://lawton.craigslist.org/bab/1905265720.html

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
But you say that about half the machines on the planet... LOL If it were some machine that were plentiful in this area I probably would consider one Dan. Probably one every 100 miles around this area..

Get to it FT-Strap a Kawasaki engine on that thing and giddyup.

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Nice find I'd like to add one to my collection sometime. :fing32:

·
LawnBoy mech in training.
113 Posts

Funny you mentioned that. I picked up this little ride a couple of weeks ago....somebody put it out on the curb for trash. :fing20:

I got it, put a new battery on it and boom a great "new" toy that my 4 year-old nephew has fallen in love with. Made me look like a hero. Got to checking on this thing and it cots around $250 and works great. Cannot understand people sometimes.

TSA ~

Attachments

·
Registered
506 Posts
You guys just keep on hoarding them, that way me and FT will have a source when we're ready to buy one :thThumbsU

·
4,788 Posts
Bryan, I think we may have to settle on spray painting some murrays... LOL

Ace that is one heck of a nice toy tractor there! If I were a kid again I would be flipping for a nice present like that. You are a great uncle and father!

·
Registered
300 Posts
I just picked up a John Deere 14sb. It is super dirty, but had good compression and spark. The lady I got it from was cleaning out her garage and said this mower has not beeen used for several years. I checked the tank and no gas, so that is good. It came with the mulch plug and bagger. Now on to the pictures!! That makes 2 14sb's in the last two weeks.

Great find ! looks like a diamond in the rough!! :D

·
Registered
412 Posts
OK, It's Mickey the Dunce here. What makes this mower special for you? No axe to grind, just curious. What kind of mower. Is it like the IH mowers? A re-badged LB?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
OK, It's Mickey the Dunce here. What makes this mower special for you? No axe to grind, just curious. What kind of mower. Is it like the IH mowers? A re-badged LB?
Smooth as butter 25-30 year engine (Kawasaki pressure lube), good power, reliable (one pull start), aluminum deck, great handle adjustment and position, superior bagging and mulching capability-easy to service and cheap to find used.

I am sure others will add to the list.

·
Lawn Boys Never Die
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Whats the best place to get parts for this?? I need a new filter, saw on on e-bay with the pre-cleaner for 10 bucks. What type of plug do use on these GTP?? I tried to start it today, but no go. I drained all the old gas out of the carb, but I did not take it apart. It looks a little scary compared to a Lawn boy carb.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Bryan, I think we may have to settle on spray painting some murrays... LOL
HeHeHe....yeah, I guess Murray's were the mower of choice in our neck of the woods. Always plenty of those on the local craigslist.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts