My Tractor Forum banner

just got a price..

3K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  Team_Green 
#1 ·
i have some damage from a tree (lots of dead standing trees here..) so i called for a price on a new hood.. JUST the hood.. the top .. 821.00 yes.. 821 bucks... :Stop:

#4 ·
mmmm, maybe ask the dealer for a non-gold lined version. Thats just crazy.

#13 ·
Well it is a better price but I wonder what the penalty would be for smuggling a tractor hood into Canada?Might cut into the savings really quick.:banghead3:sidelaugh

#7 ·
Well OK, you have my attention...*** happened?

#9 ·
$821.00 Sounds just a tad overpriced !!!!!! I'm guessing like everything else prices keep going up,and up, and up..

#15 ·
Just take your damaged one to a local body shop and get a quote. I have seen lots of tractor parts in body shops over the years. Probably could be fixed for half the price of new.

#20 · (Edited)
WOW!! Sorry to hear about the tree Team. Man, $1200 or so for the hard to reach zerks on 2210 (another post - not just zerks, but they cause the shaft to go bad), now this! I'll keep a much better eye on my 2210 from now on. Reminds me of my house cleaning mantra - should we clean house or just move. Should we pay these repair prices or just trade for new!

#21 ·
TG,
Usually your insurance should not go up for a claim due to an "act of God".
That was certainly a bad wind that blew that tree over, I know it was even windy up here that day. My son was at BVJ last year and got his damaged windshield replaced without any increase to his policy, just paid the deductable. Of course the storm at BVJ was well documented.
Jake

#22 ·
well.. if i could prove (i would be lieing) that is was parked outside (the2210 is always inside) when the storm hit then no problems.. My insurance lady is real nice and she has been here a few times (her and her husband are friends of mine).. She knows its always parked inside. I would feel shitty for even thinking of trying to get it covered on insurance.. This was my own doing.. its from cleaning up a mess of trees...

#23 ·
well.. if i could prove (i would be lieing) that is was parked outside (the2210 is always inside) when the storm hit then no problems.. My insurance lady is real nice and she has been here a few times (her and her husband are friends of mine).. She knows its always parked inside. I would feel crappy for even thinking of trying to get it covered on insurance.. This was my own doing.. its from cleaning up a mess of trees...
:Stop: Hey Hey, I have very sensitive eyes you know, careful with the language here TG!! :lalala:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

#28 ·
Truth is, I would have a hard time not telling the truth too. My son's episode was for real though, and when he enquired (being a 19 year old0, they said that that was not covered. Enter the old man... oh yes, he does have that covered in his policy.
Take care, and good luck with the hood.
Jake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.