My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have some damage from a tree (lots of dead standing trees here..) so i called for a price on a new hood.. JUST the hood.. the top .. 821.00 yes.. 821 bucks... :Stop:

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
For which of your tractors TG? No matter which that's just plain nuts!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sorry.. for the 2210 hood.. that does NOT include side panels or anything else..
mmmm, maybe ask the dealer for a non-gold lined version. Thats just crazy.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Well OK, you have my attention...*** happened?

·
Registered
973 Posts
$821.00 Sounds just a tad overpriced !!!!!! I'm guessing like everything else prices keep going up,and up, and up..

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
Just take your damaged one to a local body shop and get a quote. I have seen lots of tractor parts in body shops over the years. Probably could be fixed for half the price of new.

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TG, You don't have insurance on that unit do you? Sometimes your homeowners has something in there for lawn equipment.
Jake
I do.. but i don't want my rates to go up over this.. I'm selling the unit as i have only put 4.5 hours on it since i got my 4520..

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
Might check with our own Dr.B maybe he would cut you a good MTF deal on repairing it,only prob would be shipping it back and forth.

·
外人Geezer MTF Member
2,218 Posts
WOW!! Sorry to hear about the tree Team. Man, $1200 or so for the hard to reach zerks on 2210 (another post - not just zerks, but they cause the shaft to go bad), now this! I'll keep a much better eye on my 2210 from now on. Reminds me of my house cleaning mantra - should we clean house or just move. Should we pay these repair prices or just trade for new!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts