My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I bought this mower as a parts mower for my Sears. But may consider stripping the sears and keeping this one. All the parts seem interchangeable. Can anyone tell me year? It was a township tractor, And is missing the hood. But it appears my sears I can make fit. Not sure what I am going to do yet.

Will upload pics in a few

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

sorry its upside down

·
Premium Member
10,486 Posts
It looks COLD in there, I was praised for working in 100+ heat on my Blue Money Pit.... But I have to hand it to those that brave the Cold to keep wrenchin. I couldn't with frozen fingers.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh its cold :p

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, I paid 200 for it. With the mower deck.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kohler Command Twin 22HP. OHV. Only has 700 hours on it. Problem is I can not get it to start without jumping the selinoid. All it does is "Click" from a relay when I turn the key.

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
Well the GTH220 was made from 1996 to 1999 had a 22HP Kohler, Took the Older style sleeve Hitch In several ways I think the Older Husqvarna Clones where Better tractors That whay they Have today and Most of Your attachments from You craftsman should fit Right On it:thThumbsU

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I noticed that Serg, Can't figure out why it won't crank with the key though.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Put a new selinoid on it. It should start with the key then.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am planning on, But I got way to many projects on the go. :p What does the relay that is clicking do?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got new selinoid on, Works wonders now. I do notice it burning a little oil when it starts up? Will post pics and a vid soon :)

·
Premium Member
10,486 Posts
Hay Shelby, Just suscribed to your Youtube, and listened to your GT6000 Pinging post. Check how RED sounds at the end when I powered him down.

I remember a post about exausts that talk about these engines having a sharp pinging sound that requires the larger mufflers.

I tried some "bullet" type on Hulk II and it was tool loud and sharp to leave on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3aMKbSvXTY

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A little full? Gonna do a oil change on monday hopefully if I have enough cash

A little dirty?

How come there is oil on the threads?

Other side.

Hydro Before I cleaned it up >_>

Same steps and frame,etc as my GT6000

And steering wheel

Nice dirty gas tank

Back End

Air Filter from 1996 date is marked on it :p

I know I posted the pics going backwards >_<

·
Premium Member
10,486 Posts
Supprised it ran with that air filter.... Oil looks good, abet a pint or so over.
That looks close to the same as RED, 1990 Craftsman, Rear Deckm shifter almosts looks interchangble.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes I noticed that both the sears and husqvarna are identical, I found out why! Both are made by the same company. Same frames,gas tanks,etc but different colors and hoods.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, Now they old girl is starting to eat oil when it first starts in the morn, Also getting to be a bugger to start in the cold. Won't idle as it seems to either flood its self or is running lean when idling. Also when I go to move it the first time it stalls out th first couple times when the engine is under load (Releasing Clutch). So I am asuming Carb Issues.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.