My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many years can Gravely get or got out of one picture or tractor or attachment for use in their manuals or IPLs?

I'll give my nomination in 48 hours.

·
10,839 Posts
Just to get this straight: We're looking for a picture of a tractor or attachment? Most consecutive years used?

·
Premium Member
2,674 Posts
What's the oldest attachment, rotary plow maybe? I know that the IPL's did not necessarily get more accurate as time went on. Found a couple errors in my 60" MMM IPL (a later one) when I x-refed it to an earlier version. Same illustrations though.

Unrelated, but today I was searching for a group photo I thought I had seen in the past of the 4-wheel rider mechanics/team at maybe the Clemmons, NC facility. Has anyone seen this or know where I can find it.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
What's the oldest attachment, rotary plow maybe? I know that the IPL's did not necessarily get more accurate as time went on. Found a couple errors in my 60" MMM IPL (a later one) when I x-refed it to an earlier version. Same illustrations though.

Unrelated, but today I was searching for a group photo I thought I had seen in the past of the 4-wheel rider mechanics/team at maybe the Clemmons, NC facility. Has anyone seen this or know where I can find it.
I provided that photo to the GTCOA a couple of years ago and they published it in one of the Gazette's.

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to get this straight: We're looking for a picture of a tractor or attachment? Most consecutive years used?
Yes. And it can be an and or picture. As in a tractor, or attachment, or tractor and attachment.

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Due to electrical problems, the answer was delayed.

Nomination is the Cultivator Toolholder and 1938 L. Same photo, although it got cropped because Gravely finally figured out that a 1938 L in a 1966 Owners Manual is a bit outdated, ran all those years. Early version in picture 1. Cropped in picture 2. You can still see the sloped hood in the second one and the long housings for the Clutch Slide Rods. 1963 version still showed the wheels which were discontinued in 1940 with Serial Number 3300 being the last one known to use them when new.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts