My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new battery a few weeks ago, but I eventually ran it down in the process of trying to get my mower running. I eventually fixed the issue and have been having to jump my mower every time I wanted to use it. Last night I hooked a battery charger up to it and now when I try to start it nothing at all happens, no noise of trying to turn over, no clicking nothing.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,562 Posts
First check your battery connections. Then try jumping it from a vehicle at the terminals. If it starts I would suspect a bad battery. If not, the charger may have blown the fuse. It is an automotive type and is usually located behind the dash or in the wiring harness. If the fuse is good the problem could be the ignition switch or solenoid. There are ways to check those. Perhaps someone with more expertise on that could jump in here. :goodl:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would jump off, and I can place a screw driver between the posts and it will spark. I was looking around and noticed something strange.

When this frayed wire touches the red cable going to the starter it will turn over by itself until I remove it. Does this indicate the starter cylanoid(is that what it's called?) is bad?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts