My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while out running the roads for the hoilday weekend i ran across this case mower for sale with snowblower. not running. no spark. the guy said he was mowing with it ran out of gas,put gas in it and now no spark. was asking $200..i got it for 150 with snowblower. but i got to go this weekend to pick it up. it states 222 on it but i don't know for shore. will know more next weekend.
any info on 222 or spark problem.
thanks
al

Attachments

·
GET TOUGH GET A CASE!
826 Posts
hmmm... No spark.
Spark plug bad, points bad, coil bad, (other) start replacing in that order.
Good luck with it. Nice find. :fing32:

·
Snowcastor
93 Posts
Nice score.

I wouldn't start replacing anything just yet, I'd start testing the system.

no sense replacing good parts.

224-79

·
HeadCase For My Ingersoll
1,359 Posts
And please get rid of that god aweful seat. :thSick:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I ditto the seat. Who would do such a dastardly thing like putting a John Deere seat to a Case. Embarrassing to say the least.

·
GET TOUGH GET A CASE!
826 Posts
Oh :fing20: I forgot. Replace the seat first before something else goes bad. :biglaugh:

Yellow & Green on a CASE a BIG no no!!!.... :Stop::thSick: :fing20:

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
Might be somehting as simple as a bad condenser, I had that happen on mine, fired right back up with a $3 part.

Good score, ugly seat.

·
10,839 Posts
The seat may well be the only thing that kept er limping along this last decade. Or two.
:biglaugh::hide::hide::hide::hide::hide::hide:

·
Registered
51 Posts
theres a fuse right by the starter solenoid it burnt out and mine lost spark go ahead and replace the old round fuse with a blade fuse and see if that helps

·
HeadCase For My Ingersoll
1,359 Posts
The seat may well be the only thing that kept er limping along this last decade. Or two.
:biglaugh::hide::hide::hide::hide::hide::hide:
The seat is like a piece of aluminum on a steel tractor... And we all know what that does. It's all the seat's fault.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i got her home. 222,deck,chains and snowblower.
needs seat and some tlc. got her started . have posted another topic on here for starting problem.
the no spark problem i dont know what it was , because i check fuse(ok),pull plug install new one. took wire that he had on pos. side of coil to battery on pos. side off and after doing them 3 things it had spark and started up.check other post for problems.
take care
allen

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
:fing32: Glad you ended up getting it. A lot of things could have happened in the meantime to cause it to not be there when you went back to pick it up. Glad it found a responsible owner.

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
Glad it`s running now, maybe a bad ground, old cables don`t carry the juice if they are all green under the insulation. Even if the PTO was engaged, these must have a safety switch, that was my first guess.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts