My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Will it turn over? What is the object in the flywheel spokes on the RH (flat pulley) side? Looks like the exhaust was turned down back in there too...

Those engines were made to run forever! That's a fun project for sure....it's alive!

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I love old iron. Please make it run!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
A treat to listen to as theyy chug chug coast chug along , while i see these at old engine and tractor shows seem the rarer item is something for it to power . water pump, wood spliter,grain mill . I have seen on you tube people who have mounted these to tractors just to move them under their own power

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
At the recent fair there was a collector who had some of these on display and had one running the whole day, I shot some video of it but have no idea how to post it here.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At the recent fair there was a collector who had some of these on display and had one running the whole day, I shot some video of it but have no idea how to post it here.
i have the same one as the red one (1923 ihc),a 1944 fairbanks morse,an now this 1908? witte engine..........i just free'd up the engine an i got everything moving......does anyone now how these mags work?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A treat to listen to as theyy chug chug coast chug along , while i see these at old engine and tractor shows seem the rarer item is something for it to power . water pump, wood spliter,grain mill . I have seen on you tube people who have mounted these to tractors just to move them under their own power
i mounted my '23 ihc engine to an old sears custom ill post some pics tonight

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will it turn over? What is the object in the flywheel spokes on the RH (flat pulley) side? Looks like the exhaust was turned down back in there too...

Those engines were made to run forever! That's a fun project for sure....it's alive!
thats other pulley was to run a flat belt to run all different types of farm equipment....the guy i got it from said it was in his family for 3 generations an he can remember his dad an grandfather using it on the farm where he lives

·
Registered
933 Posts
already has some yellow paint, may as well mount it on a cub :fing32:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
123 Posts
thats other pulley was to run a flat belt to run all different types of farm equipment....the guy i got it from said it was in his family for 3 generations an he can remember his dad an grandfather using it on the farm where he lives
No, I'm talking about the object in the spokes of the flywheel. Black, looks like the end of the exhaust pipe but just doesn't belong in there....

I'm familiar with the flat belt.....

Built this from raw castings a number of years ago.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
oh that was just a block of wood that was wedged in there for some reason,maybe to keep the wheels from spinning(the guy had kids)......i almost didnt buy it b/c i saw that in the pictures,i thought something was broken

1 - 20 of 27 Posts