My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off- I can't believe how hard the decision was between the X304 and the X324. I mean, I felt like I was buying a $50,000.00 car. Back and forth a million times, measuring this and that. The dealer probably hated me (until today). Anyway, I went with the X324 for a few reasons. First and foremost is the quality of the deck. It is hands down a much beefier deck. And you know, I just don't feel right spending thousands more for a tractor that has the same deck as a LA series! Second, I like the fact that the X324 has the K58 gearbox vs. the K46 in the X304. I also got the mulching kit and the front bumper. I will probably get the PF bagger in the fall. Well, it's supposed to be delivered on Friday. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas day.

·
9K+ Poster
12,163 Posts
tia,

Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1: Just curious, what dealer did you go with? :)

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new tractor.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
:Welcome1: tia ! nice to have you aboard here and congrats on the new machine, a wise choice :fing32: . Will be looking forward to maybe some pics and your first review of it :).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, it was waiting for me in my garage when I got home from work tonight. Even though the lawn didn't need mowing, I just had to do it anyway. It's amazing just how quiet it is at full throttle while mowing compared to my Craftsman Professional. I just love those Kawasaki engines. The ride is very comfortable, the steering is ridiculously tight (AWS), and the mower deck itself is by far the best I've seen. The RIO takes a little time to get used to, but after a few times, it's becoming second nature. I can see where some people would have a hard time keeping a straight line on a long pass. My runs are about 165 feet long, and with the AWS, all it takes is a teeny turn of the wheel, and your off your line.

I think I'm going to hold off on getting the mulch kit and get the power flo bagger instead. The side discharge is actually VERY good at dispersing the clippings, but I'm too anal when it comes to leaving them on the grass.

I'll post some pictures when I get back from vacation.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:congrats: on your new tractor and were lookinig forward to the pics and enjoy your vacation. My thoughts on a bagger are if you have a place to dump and not need to put the waste in bags for disposal I would get a the mulch kit and sweeper instead and save you some money . slkpk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts