My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought it today, being delivered Wed morning. I had considered a LA115, but with 4 year warranty instead of 2, and looking at the difference between them, and a nice discount on the X300, seemed like a no brainer.

·
Super Moderator
16,326 Posts
Congrats on ther new Green machine :thThumbsU

·
Registered
641 Posts
Woo hoo !!! Another X3xx series owner !!!! Now park it somewhere nice and show it off to us.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Welcome to Club X300 ! When they deliver have the show you how to level the deck. Also check the tire pressure all around.

Also you might want to ask them to loosen the oil filter. Or do it yourself BEFORE you run it hard. Rumor is that at the facotry they do not put oil on the gasket and if you do run it hard it will bake onto the engine. I had to try 3 or 4 different oil filter wrenches to get mine off after the 5 hour break in period.

Also in a previous post I listed some of my complaints about the X300. They are;

1) Engine is not loud enough. I like to get a head ache from mowing
2) While mowing the tractor does not shake like my old MTD - The intense vibration was kind of like a massage.
3) The turning radius is much to small. I like to make big arcing turns
4) A severe case of tractor envy is spreading around the block
5) Its much to fast - I like to take hours in the yard
6) The stearing is to easy. I do not even get a work out on my arms anymore
7) The deck is to easy to get on/off. I prefer to spend more time cursing in the garage.

Lastly break out the camera. Let us all see the new rig.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Congrats and welcome! I've got an X300 and I'm very happy with it. Excellent mower and will pull a cart, dethatcher, small roller, aerator pretty well for you. Keep the transaxle clean of debris and know the limits of the machine and it will serve you very well. What mower deck did you get with it?

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Congratulations on the new purchase. You bought a good one.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Congrats and post some pics when you get it. slkpk

·
Registered
217 Posts
Congratulations!!

This is the 3rd mowing season for my X300. I'm still as proud as ever and completely satisfied with it. I use it to mulch, pull the sweeper to clean up the leaves, twigs etc., spread seed fertilizer, insecticide and herbicide with the broadcast spreader or spiker/seeder, and haul all kinds of stuff in dump cart or 4 wheel wagon(no snow around here). I also use it to move my trailers around the yard and when no other attachment is in use the cargo deck is usually installed and ready to go. It is my favorite lawn chair, beer holder, carry all and step saver.

·
Registered
682 Posts
The Kawasaki engine is the single biggest step up on here. Great choice.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Congrats and I'm sure you will be glad you went with the 300 over the LA series. Do remember though when you get it :wwp:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just curious what kind of discount ? The long island dealers only sell at list price plus prep and delivery
I paid $2825.00 total, plus sales tax of course, and they are delivering for free. I live 21 miles from dealer.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Congratulations!!

This is the 3rd mowing season for my X300. I'm still as proud as ever and completely satisfied with it. I use it to mulch, pull the sweeper to clean up the leaves, twigs etc., spread seed fertilizer, insecticide and herbicide with the broadcast spreader or spiker/seeder, and haul all kinds of stuff in dump cart or 4 wheel wagon(no snow around here). I also use it to move my trailers around the yard and when no other attachment is in use the cargo deck is usually installed and ready to go. It is my favorite lawn chair, beer holder, carry all and step saver.
Hahahaha. You sound like my kind of neighbor !!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hello....I am also considering the X300. It is a bit out of my price range, and I only need the tractor to mow grass of about 1/4 acre to maybe a bit more. Wasn't planning on doing snow with it or any other carting around stuff, even though I suppose I could get spoiled. That is why I am also considering the LA-Series.

However, if the X300 is that much better for the $400-$800 difference of the LA Series (depending upon model) maybe I should get the X300 anyway.

The price you paid of $2825 delivered is the retail and is not discounted at all. I was given the same price delivered plus tax and it is the list price right from the JD web site. I am hoping that if a JD dealer is pushed enough or needs the sale bad enough on a particular model, they would at least take 10% off the retail price.

Dave

·
Banned
628 Posts
do they sell these the same way they do motorcycles ?

i bought a 650 last year ... first guy i talked to only gave me a retail price and then said " plus freight and prep" and i asked how much is that ?
"oh well when you come down here we can talk about it" to which i said is it really so much that you cant tell me over the phone ?
to which he danced around "we dont give out prices on the phone" bs bs ....

and then i got another salesmen who my friend bought a motorcycle from...
got a couple hundred off retail,and no bs freight and prep charges ( i say bs because they try to get 1000 freight and 600 prep... meanwhile they spend a couple hours on "prep" and no where near $1000 freight on a 400 pound little motorcycle....come on)
first new vehicle i've purchased, never would have pulled the trigger at full retail +bs

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The price you paid of $2825 delivered is the retail and is not discounted at all. I was given the same price delivered plus tax and it is the list price right from the JD web site. I am hoping that if a JD dealer is pushed enough or needs the sale bad enough on a particular model, they would at least take 10% off the retail price.

Dave
the X300 with 42" deck retails for $2,999

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
And lowes has the LA175 for $2749 before tax and without delivery. I'd say you got a good price.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts