My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure were this belongs since i didn't see a compact Allis sight. but I just bought a 1980 5020 4x4 with loader,tiller, and back blade all the original manuals and the original advertisements for under $5000, some surface rust and the grill fell out, (have the grill)but solid and all works, hardly any drips under it when it's parked, has just over 1000 hours. you have know idea how good it feels to be back on an Allis. yea yea I know they were built it Japan, but it's orange and says Allis and so far minus a small hydro line (that was due to operator error) have had no issues in 16 hours.

Attachments

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any thought on these machines?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow nobody knows anything about these. that aint good...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got 25 hours on the Allis so far and only 1 hydro hose and the front tires, new about the tires when I bought it. Wow it feels good to just hop on a tractor and fire it up and work it, rather than hoping it starts and maybe it'll make it threw an hour with out braking down.....there aint nothing like an Allis...neighbor has a Kabota, had ta tell em, just cause it's orange don't make it a tractor. get an Allis..lol ;) not bashing the Kabota, just love my Allis's.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice tractor I think you got a great deal, I have a Simplicity 9523 - Exactly the same tractor except for the decals. Mine is two wheel drive and no fel, I am building one right now. Take care of it - Parts are extremely hard to find this tractor wasn't made for more than a few years so there are no parts to come by.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
slharmnon1, parts are deffinetly hard to find, been shopping for front rims since I got the tractor, no luck. One dealer has a new one for $452. Nice looking machine ya have, if you put a fel on it deffinetly put some weight on the back our is real tippy with no weight, we just put the tiller on it for now.

Kentucky Wildcat. here's the info off tractordata.com
Manufacturer: Hinomoto
Factory: Osaka, Japan
Total built: 8,500
Original price (USD): $8,280

The engine is a 2 cylinder diesle made by Toyosha according to a member on the "unofficial Allis forum, there was only around 1,000 built in 1980, not sure how many were 4x4's.

The fella that has the feed store over town used to be an AC dealer, when I told him what I got he told me they are rare and I was lucky to find it. he said when he got them in they just sat there nobody would buy them. once he put a loader on them he couldn't keep them in stock. lol

I have come to the conclusion the boy would do the dishes, laundry, clean his room,etc. if he could use the tractor.:sidelaugh. probly put 80 hours on the machine no issue's, except a crack in the loader frame. my fault just working it to hard.

slharmon1, I have the original manuals, spec sheets and sales flyers. If ya need any info I can look it up for ya.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Our AC dealer wouldn't even get one in to try to sell it. Have you tried Weaver's Compact Tractor Parts in Shippensburg? Maybe they could direct you elsewhere, or keep an eye out for a donor machine or a cross-match. Whereabouts are you in central PA? I'm East of Bellefonte. I grew up on AC's, but drive Kubota orange these days.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the Hinomoto E230 2WD. Has 917 hours on it. Came with a JD 403 shredder.

It just has wiring issues since the PO cut all the wires and removed all the lights...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Our AC dealer wouldn't even get one in to try to sell it. Have you tried Weaver's Compact Tractor Parts in Shippensburg? Maybe they could direct you elsewhere, or keep an eye out for a donor machine or a cross-match. Whereabouts are you in central PA? I'm East of Bellefonte. I grew up on AC's, but drive Kubota orange these days.
Not far from you at all, just I'm just south of Philipsburg.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the Hinomoto E230 2WD. Has 917 hours on it. Came with a JD 403 shredder.

It just has wiring issues since the PO cut all the wires and removed all the lights...
my owners manual has a photo of the wiring harness, I can try and scan it for ya if ya want.

·
Registered
11 Posts
my owners manual has a photo of the wiring harness, I can try and scan it for ya if ya want.
That would be great! I really need the color code of the wiring harness. I managed to trace the headlight circuit. Still need to do the tail lights and flashers.

There is also a switch missing that is mounted up and to the right from the ignition switch as well.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the only thing above my ignition switch to the top right is the little thing that glows to let ya know your glow plugs are warmed up. just a hole with a little metal coil in it. I'll try to get a photo of my dash today. sorry it took so long, every time I want to scan some thing I realize I forgot how...:dunno: my tractor has most of the original stickers on it as well, I can read most of them, if you need any info off them. I don't know if you fella's know it or not, but you have to add oil to your injection pump, glad I read the manual, I'd imagine they are pricey. I made the pic as big as I MTF would allow me to download, if ya need any if let me know. a tip I learned was to use the correct color high lighter on the wiring diagram, that way ya don't have to keep looking to see what wire is what color, of course I havn't found a black high lighter yet:sidelaugh.

umm, dah, ya have that manual in the scanner why not scan the dash photo...wow, some times I am dense. here is the dash photo, my temperature gauge and operation meter are all in one and I don't have a horn. but the rest of the dash is the same. it also doesn't show behind the right foot rest is a little pedal to push down to lock the rear end. any time I can help just give a yell, been trying a new hobby so havn't been on here much. if I don't respond back, send me a pm that should pop up in my email and I'll get back to ya. dt

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
slharmnon1, parts are deffinetly hard to find, been shopping for front rims since I got the tractor, no luck. One dealer has a new one for $452. Nice looking machine ya have, if you put a fel on it deffinetly put some weight on the back our is real tippy with no weight, we just put the tiller on it for now.

Kentucky Wildcat. here's the info off tractordata.com
Manufacturer: Hinomoto
Factory: Osaka, Japan
Total built: 8,500
Original price (USD): $8,280

The engine is a 2 cylinder diesle made by Toyosha according to a member on the "unofficial Allis forum, there was only around 1,000 built in 1980, not sure how many were 4x4's.

The fella that has the feed store over town used to be an AC dealer, when I told him what I got he told me they are rare and I was lucky to find it. he said when he got them in they just sat there nobody would buy them. once he put a loader on them he couldn't keep them in stock. lol

I have come to the conclusion the boy would do the dishes, laundry, clean his room,etc. if he could use the tractor.:sidelaugh. probly put 80 hours on the machine no issue's, except a crack in the loader frame. my fault just working it to hard.

slharmon1, I have the original manuals, spec sheets and sales flyers. If ya need any info I can look it up for ya.
Thanks for the offer, and yup I just ballasted the tires and I have a blade on the rear for additional weight.
Enjoy and take care of it. Mine is in real good shape, as long as I don't over do it, should last a while.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
DT

Thanks for that info! I know I will be needing more info.

How big are the original scans? I can take an email of them.

I have the IT shop manual. An operator manual would be good to have as well.

I know I need a replacement ignition switch, as the key falls out, no matter what position it's in. It has a string tied to so it won't get lost.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DT

Thanks for that info! I know I will be needing more info.

How big are the original scans? I can take an email of them.

I have the IT shop manual. An operator manual would be good to have as well.

I know I need a replacement ignition switch, as the key falls out, no matter what position it's in. It has a string tied to so it won't get lost.
The scans were 8x10, but had to shrink them 40%. I'll try again. see if these work any better, they should be back to original form. I also scanned a copy of the spec sheet that came with the advertisement paper for the 5020/5030. If they don't work I'll email them to ya.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
The scans were 8x10, but had to shrink them 40%. I'll try again. see if these work any better, they should be back to original form. I also scanned a copy of the spec sheet that came with the advertisement paper for the 5020/5030. If they don't work I'll email them to ya.
Thanks DT!

Looks like an email would be best. I tried making a PDF out of them, and they would not enlarge without pixilation.

Does your 5020 have a fuel gauge? Mine does not.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
check the left side of your tank, mine has just a clear (might have been some time?) tube on the side of the tank. However, the years of diesel fuel have made it look as dark as the black tank, so I use the old stick in the tank trick. fortunately this thing just sips fuel, just don't run it out, they are a pain in the xxx to bleed the system. forgot to turn the fuel shut off on and ran it dry...just when I thought I was done, it would shut off, bleed it again....ugh.

like I posted before this came with the original manuals for tractor,loader and tiller. it also came with a couple of the advertisement papers and spec sheets. that made it really appealing to me. I know it ain't "old" and can't be put in some tractor shows because of it's age (it's a 1980) but once I'm done using it (if there's anything left....lol) I'd like to restore or at least fix it some. According to tractordata.com there was 8500 built, sure would like to know were there all at? here is the info from tractordata.com that shows what models are the same in case ya need parts.

The Allis-Chalmers 5020 is the same as the Simplicity 9523 and similar to the Hinomoto E23 and Massey-Ferguson 210.

one last time, last one is the photo on the advertisement page/spec sheet. If this don't work pm me your email and I'll send them to ya. thanks, dt.

Attachments

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

A Kubota, trader...just kidding, nieghbor has a hydro-static 50+hp tractor loader backhoe Kubota, he loves it. fixed up a simplicity regent that was hydro-static for a friend, gave it a spin, don't think I like the hydro I'll stick to a gear shift. anyway, can't fault ya for running a Kubota, reliable,parts are easy to find, at least it's orange. lol. you going to the fall tractor show in center hall?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts