My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I am brand new to MTF let me tell you a little about myself

My name is Robert I live in Wheeling WV and would not want to live anywhere else.

I have played around with small engines since the second year of High school as I took small engine repair and got my first look inside an engine. I found that it was a nice hobby but I also found out that I can not keep too much junk around the house as mom gets upset of all the junk.

Some of you may have already guessed My pride and Joy is my 1984 dodge diplomat it is my first car and gets tempermental at times and need work but I like the way it looks drives and sits. Also helps it is RWD because I hate FWD but that is a personal preference and appretiate what some of these people do with tuners.

I am also a member of dippy.org if your intrested

I wan't to run down what I have.

199x Toro Wheel Horse 314-8 (actually dad's but I have to do the repairs) 14 horspower Kohler Cast Iron block

1986 lawn boy 8480 nice mower need a part will be posting a looking for or WTB soon just no tonight

19?? Craftsman self propelled push mower was given too me because he coulden't start it and there was absolutly nothing wrong with it other than the starter rope had been spliced a half dozen times so that is a nice little mower cuts good too.

1981-Maybe used to rember but it is early 80's Frankenstine mower I say that because it is on its third deck yes third. It began it's life as a JC-penney mower moved to a self propelled deck when the JCP rusted out but the self propelled did not work and was not heavy now it is sitting on a murray deck that had a engine on it that had to many problems to deal with. Oh btw the engine if you haden't guessed is a 3.5 horse brigs and stratton siphon feed. But some of you probably guessed that

Also have
MTD snowblower
shindawa leaf blower
craftsman pressure washer the biggest peice of junk we own yet it gets the garage :banghead3
craftsman weed eater
Craftsman chain saw
and maybe other but I can't rember

I am not a person that sits on the computer all day so I probably won't look at MTF as much as I would like to but I am glad it is here just in case.

My time is limited during school time I am going to school to be an accountant.

My other hobbies include collecting and playing classic and modern video games, playing with electonics mainly tower PC's rippen apart and putting em back together.

Alwayse want to know how stuff works and not satisfied with it just does. I can also be a pain because I am a perfectionist.

Here I am some good some bad but thats all that I am.

Also an Eagle Scout and as of may 2009 I am 23 years old.

·
2,261 Posts
Welcome to MTF Robert,

TOMMY

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi Robert Glad you found MTF I have realy injoyed my time here.There a lot of realy smart members here.My brother lives in Glenville WV.I am in North Carolina.
Speakerman 0320

·
Registered
6 Posts
Toro tractor won't move

Hi,
I'm new to your site. Nice to have a place to turn for friendly help.
I have a '97 Toro HXL 14-38 lawn tractor. I was out trying to get my grass cut last evening before it got dark. Well,never got done.
Going along forward,by the way this is a hydro drive,and suddenly it just slowed to a stop. I found a large spring behind tractor on ground,it was broken.
I don't have a manual for this tractor. Thought someone may have encountered a similar problem themselves,and could shed some light on where this spring is attached. Could this be the reason for it not moving? would appreciate any help. I need to get home tonight and finish moving my hayfield! Tom

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1:

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
Robert

You have come to the right place if you like tinkering with small engines and such. :Welcome1: we are glad to have you. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your state by clicking here:

·
16,490 Posts
Re: Toro tractor won't move

Hi,
I'm new to your site. Nice to have a place to turn for friendly help.
I have a '97 Toro HXL 14-38 lawn tractor. I was out trying to get my grass cut last evening before it got dark. Well,never got done.
Going along forward,by the way this is a hydro drive,and suddenly it just slowed to a stop. I found a large spring behind tractor on ground,it was broken.
I don't have a manual for this tractor. Thought someone may have encountered a similar problem themselves,and could shed some light on where this spring is attached. Could this be the reason for it not moving? would appreciate any help. I need to get home tonight and finish moving my hayfield! Tom

Welcome also to "Bentwheel" and his TORO problem....Sounds like from your description--the idler pulley tension spring broke and came off...
Can you get to youir drive belt (from engine to tranny and examine it??)

Then get back to us in the TORO/Wheelhorse forumunder L/G tractors,, and someone will jump in w/ a cure --it might be a little krazy--but there is a lot of knowledge here...
Also--don't give up , if you don't get an instant reply--a lot of
'brand-specific" folks only look at certain threads occasionally....

glenn

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Robert and Bentwheel glad you joined us.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the welcome
took care of the state voting

1 - 13 of 13 Posts