My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thThumbsU Just an idea I had..... to make a cab on a tractor... if one could get there hands on an old plastic porta potty.... :thSick: or preferably a nice new one...... could you not make a cab out of one of these.... obviously some cutting required.... add some windows.... you already have plenty of ventilation at the top which is good... You could fab up a way of attaching to your tractor and still possibly use the door and latch... :sorry1: :sorry1: :sorry1:

This could be an idea worth looking into .... they come in alot of colours right!!! Or it could be the crappiest idea ever thought about.... Let me know what you think.... I never checked out the dimensions or how this would be made to work.... just an idea that popped into the old noggin:fing20:

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Are you SURE you would want an old one?

·
Registered
758 Posts
A man's throne is his castle? :Stop:

While that is a great size, you should probably be thinking more like a phone booth.
those plastic potties most likely do not have enough strength to hold windows after cutting out large openings...

·
Registered
176 Posts
:Stop: Build a wooden outhouse. Custom sized for your tractor,Shingle the Roof,Vinyl Siding, Awnings, Eaves-troughs,Screened in Crank out windows Etc..If it was Big enough, you won`t need a shed for the Tractor.Cover the Entire Machine,a sort of Self-propelled Mobile Tractor House, or maybe not..LOL

Almost forgot ,,you can rent it out, when your not using it, to recover your cost..

·
15,000 +posts!
20,428 Posts
I've seen an old fiberglass shower enclosure used as a cab on one guys "plow" tractor!..drain side up,that's where he mounted the beacon,right over the showers drain hole!..I thought it was a neat use for it..he made a plywood door for the "open" side,and used some plexiglass from a bathtub's sliding doors for the windows and windsheild..even had a wiper motor from a old "step-van" in it that worked too!..said he saw it lying on a curb with a "FREE" sigh on it..at first he was going to use it in his garage,but after learning the cost to get water to the garage,he decided to cut it up and make the cab out of it!..said he was sitting there staring at it,while having a beer--and the idea came to him like a revelation!..
(beer does that sometimes!)..:)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this thread was never intended to be takin tooo seriously.... alll in good fun...but the use of the plastic and how it join's together..... Im not sayin I would do this.... but I would be tempted if one just happened my way.... that didn't smell like crap....could clean it up and deffinetly cut it off above the seat level.... anyways... if you have other off the wall ideas continue to throw em in here.....

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,186 Posts
I've seen green ones for JD, blue for Ford/NH.:sorry1:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts