My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now i am sure that this has been asked a couple hundred times, but to find out the year of my tractor you use the last couple of the model #.

so the model # on my tractor is 917.255933 than it would make it a 1993 correct

·
Registered
129 Posts
dstephens,

What is your tractor's serial number?

A model number can run for more than one year. The first six digits in the serial number is the year, month and day the machine was built.

Runningbare

·
Registered
406 Posts
Are you sure on this? my craftsman ser # is : 0111000009493 which would make it a 2001 Nov and 0 day

dstephens,

What is your tractor's serial number?

A model number can run for more than one year. The first six digits in the serial number is the year, month and day the machine was built.

Runningbare

·
I'll do that next.....
154 Posts
Your s/n reflects January 11, 2000

·
Registered
406 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So my serial # is 111491soo2316 so that would mean my tractor was made 11/14/1991

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
Looks like I hit the right thread. I was driving back from getting a load of sawdust, and saw a house with a bunch of lawn tractors in back, and three Craftsman tractors in front. One in particular was interesting, looked in pretty good condition, had a 3-point hitch and cultivator on back. I'm kind of looking for something to make a puller from, this one was a 70-ish model.

The SN# plate at the gearshift had: Model 917.25743 SN13637.

White hood, frame and engine sort of butternut or gold-ish color. Engine says Craftsman, the guy said he thought it was a Tecumseh. It is an overhead valve engine, has a little "box" on top of the cylinder head.

Three speed trans with hi-low, 12 inch rear wheels. It cranked right up, didn't sound like it was going to throw anything, but smoked about two seconds each time it was started, then cleared up. He wants $575 for the tractor, a deck, which I didn't see, but he said it worked and cut fine, a cultivator and a harrow.

I saw a thread somewhere on MTF about a week or so ago, a guy had one that looked just like this one. What acn you Sears gurus tell me about this machine?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sounds like a suburban to me :wwp:

·
15,000 +posts!
20,450 Posts
Yep--a 1974 ST-16 ,according to a "Vintage Sears Tractor" site you can find on google by typing that in..a few different sites on there,one on a "geocities" site has a picture that shows one exactly as you descrobed it..has a 16 HP Tecumseh OHV engine,a HH160..cast iron,3 speeds & hi/lo range..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts