My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Runs over toys & destroys
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, here are some pics of my current Junk Deere 240 repower/restoration. I'm scrapping the Kawasaki 14hp single (just needs a coil) for a Kohler Command 22hp v-twin.

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What kind of oil goes into the tranny of the 240s? The fluid in there right now is a fairly thin (viscosity) red-colored oil.

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've still got a long way to go. I stripped it down to the bare frame. Most of the frame is painted gloss black now. The mowing deck was sanded (as good as I could) and painted with spray on truck bed coating. See the before and after pics below. I'm still missing the pulley covers. It will also get new deck wheels.

Here are pictures of the unpainted frame with the new Kohler Command 22 HP sitting in it.

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With pulley guards in place:

This might **** off some, but this Junk Deere is not going to have any green or yellow. Its all rockabilly.

·
Simplicity Benn
1,574 Posts
looking good, reminds me of the batmobile so far.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
It's looking good. I've seen a couple of Deere's painted in the black and I like it with the yellow lettering. The red looks good on it also. Are you going to go with red lettering? slkpk

·
Registered
463 Posts
That Kohler looks good on there... Not sure about the paint myself, but that rig has tons more hours left on her now.

-gh

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
As sad as it looked when you got it, anything you do will be an improvement. Looking good so far.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Looks good. slkpk

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
The 1st picture I wouldda said "give it 2 slugs from a .45 and call me in the morning" but then I was a non-believer. You took 1 dead JD and gave it life again, I would say that gives you the right to color it any color you see fit! Personally I would go with some kind of flames, seein how you brought it back from ****. Good job Muffduster!! (would love to hear the story behind that nick name)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts