My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
14,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ladies and gentlemen, please join me in congratulating K91, our Featured Member of the month for

Name:
Keith

Member number:

What city, and state, do you live in?
Grantville, PA

Are you married?
Yes

If so, your wife's name and how many years you've been married?
Tasha and for oh geez I forget just kidding ;) 12 years this May.

Do you have any children?
Yes, Kahlan who is 3.

What do you do to earn a living?
Actually a stay at home dad right now. I was a small engine tech before that and surprise surprise they pay RNs more for some reason :dunno: Seriously though that is a really hard job I could never handle. Before that I was a computer support technician. Everyone thought I was nuts to "change gears".

How old are you?
37 this May.

Military service?
Never did but I do have a great respect for all that have and all that are currently putting themselves in harms way for all of us.

How did you come to join MTF?
I was searching google for more info on 8Ns and found the 8N forum on here. I kind of lurked there reading and searching until I bought a 1965 John Deere to make a garden with and started looking around all the forums.

What are your favorite forums and why?
Mostly I watch the new posts but I usually end up in the John Deere forum unless something interesting catches my eye.

What do you like most about MTF?
I like the friendly positive vibe here. No one is ever made to feel stupid for asking a question even when the same question is only a few posts down. I like how everyone always tries to help each other and encourage projects of any kind even if its not their brand of choice.

Please list your tractors and/or equipment:
Full disclosure? LOL I'll try. Currently residing in the shed a 1965 John Deere 110 with aformentioned tiller, a 1967 John Deere 110H, a 1970 John Deere 70(don't quote me on the year) which is a future project for baby girl, 1969 140H3 with Johnson loader, John Deere LX188 for sale if I ever get it running right, John Deere 160 also for sale sometime, several push mowers mostly Lawnboys and a John Deere 14SB, and a 1958 Gravely LI I bought for some reason. In the house garage we have a 1989 John Deere 322, 1998 John Deere 455 and a 1961 Cub original. I think that's all. Believe it or not I've actually been downsizing.

What is your favorite tractor or piece of equipment and why?
Hmm that seems to change but I'd have to say the 1967 110H is the current apple of my eye. However, the only one I am somewhat sentimental about is the 322 since that is the first tractor my daughter went for a ride on.

Is there a tractor or piece of equipment you'd love to own someday?
More John Deeres :D I don't know if there is anything unique I want at the moment but that changes frequently. I'd love to add a 420 to the herd someday not sure why or what I need it for but just cause ;) Maybe a 332 too or a 330 I don't know. Of course, if a round fender pops up close and for the right price the shed WILL get fuller LOL

Tell us some of the tasks you use your tractors and/or equipment for?
Mainly mowing but the 455 serves as plow tractor in the winter. I've used the 140 for some dirt moving like filling in after we ran power to the shed. I'll use it again to spread stone around the shed which I desperately need.

The 1967 110 spends most of its time towing a cart with baby girl in it.

Could you describe your property for us?
Its a little over .6 of an acre rectangular more or less. The sides are longer than the front/back. Fairly flat except the whole neighborhood slopes down in the back so I have a swamp in the back corner most of the time.

Is there something you'd love to build or restore someday?
Well I'd love to finally finish a project. Probably the 322 first and then the Cub. Although the 110H could sneak in there somewhere I get distracted easily.

Most memorable tractor moment?
I remember things getting kind of scary on the 8N once when I was playing with the loader. Everything got kind of sideways on the slope in my backyard. It was a little scary. Common sense prevailed and I slowly got myself righted again without getting crushed. Thankfully the wife was not around to witness LOL but when I told her about it she insisted I need a tractor with ROPS if I'm going to do stuff like that. And no she didn't call it ROPS in case you are wondering.

Earliest tractor memories?
I have a picture stamped July 1978 of me on dad's lap as a baby riding around the yard but I don't actually remember it.

My first mowing memory was using dad's electric B&D string trimmer in the "dog yard." I was then allowed to step up to a Craftsman push mower which was the first mower he ever bought new and the first to have a bail brake on it LOL I eventually was allowed to use the rider but only if I kept it in 3rd gear which I did while he was watching ;)

Do you have any other hobbies or interests that you'd like to share with us?
Does watching PBS kids shows and Disney princess movies count as a hobby? I like to cook but honestly I'm most happy when my hands are greasy.

What do the other people in your life think of your "tractor" hobby?
My wife finds it silly and sometimes embarassing but she is always supportive anyways. My friends definitely think its silly and each only own 1 tractor which I cannot understand. My neighbors find it strange except for one who is another tractor nut but he likes Wheelhorses which I don't understand :dunno: Just joking, the C160 that passed through my fleet impressed me alot. They all know they can call me whenever they have a problem with equipment and that keeps me busy like a 3 year old isn't enough ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
:congrats::congrats::congrats: for Featured Member of the Month!

sounds like you have your hands full with the kid and the tractors! :thThumbsU

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
:thThumbsU :thThumbsU :thThumbsU

Congratulations! :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Well deserved!

·
Super Moderator
13,592 Posts
Congratulations Keith!

Well deserved!

Completely understand about not being able to do an RN's job! Finishing projects is over rated.... finishing one only means you have to start a new one :ROF

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
Congratulations.... Nice collection.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Administrator
21,671 Posts
Congratulations! Great article on a great member of MTF.

Along with the prestige of being selected, you'll be receiving a few items, courtesy of our Paid Advertisers and MTF. Enjoy!

And the New Badge!!

Attachments

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,740 Posts
Congratulations Keith! You are a valued contributor on MTF. :thThumbsU

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Thank you all and the advertisers for the gifts :fing32: I'm glad to be part of the MTF community.

·
外人Geezer MTF Member
2,218 Posts
A BIG CONGRATULATIONS, k91!

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
Congrats K91. Great to get to know a little more about you. :congrats::congrats::congrats:

·
Three of my friends
9,231 Posts
Congratulations Keith (k91),stay at home parents have a tough 24 hr a day job,my hats off to you.Nice bunch of J D s there.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Congrats!!! :thThumbsU :thThumbsU :thThumbsU

1 - 20 of 35 Posts