Member number:

What city, and state, do you live in?
Tarboro, North Carolina

Are you married?
No

Do you have any children?
No

Do you have any grandchildren?
My lady friend has a grandson, Ryan, that has kinda adopted me.

What do you do to earn a living?
I'm a forklift operator on a warehouse shipping dock.

How old are you?

Military service?
I didn't serve but have the deepest respect for those that did.

How did you come to join MTF?
Like so many others I found MTF while looking for answers on lawn and garden equipment. In my case I was doing research on zero turn mowers.

What are your favorite MTF forums and why?
I like to go through all of the various forums. But I do favor the Cub Cadet forum. There's a lot of great info on these pages.

What do you like most about MTF?
The feeling that it's a family. The members here are friendly and quick to help each other, whether to solve a problem or to share an experience.

Please list your tractors and/or equipment:
2006 Cub Cadet Z-Force zero turn. a Craftsman push mower, Agri-Fab 42 inch sweeper, a homemade yard trailer and a 5x8 utility trailer.

DSCN2218.jpg DSCN1945.jpg DSCN1875.jpg

What is your favorite tractor or piece of equipment and why?
When I was a teen the farm I worked on had a 630 John Deere with the "tricycle" front end. I loved that tractor and really looked forward to going to work and using it. And the JD 630 with the narrow front end is the one that I would love to be able to own someday.

Could you describe your property for us?
I have a acre and a half which is mostly flat with a few pine trees and an oak tree on it.

DSCN2217.jpg DSCN2215.jpg

Tell us some of the tasks you use your tractors and/or equipment for?
Mostly normal maintenance and upkeep. Mowing grass and using sweeper to pick up pine needles and oak leaves, and the yard trailer for picking up branches and moving stuff about the yard.

Is there something you'd love to build or restore someday?
I would love to have and restore a 1955 Chevy pickup truck.

Most memorable tractor moment?
Trucking tobacco with Allis Chalmers D10

Earliest tractor memories?
Using the AC D10 at first job on farm when I was 10 or 11.

Do you have any other hobbies or interests that you'd like to share with us?
I collect die cast cars. Have always been a NASCAR fan, particularly the late Dale Earnhardt Sr., who, in 1986, earned the nickname "The Intimidator" for his driving skills. Although most fans only remember him for driving the black # 3 Chevy, he started his career in 1975 in the # 8 and in the early '80s raced in the #15. Earnhardt returned to Richard Childress Racing, replacing Ricky Rudd in the #3 after the 1983 season. During the Daytona 500 at Daytona International Speedway on February 18, 2001, Earnhardt lost his life after he.was involved in a three-car accident on the final lap of the race. I have some Dale Sr as well as Dale Jr NASCAR cars and others in 1/24 and 1/32 scale. Also have some other Earnhardt memorabilia.

What do the other people in your life think of your "tractor" hobby?
My brother is sort of a "jack of all trades" who can do most anything, so we get along real well. Folks think that my interest in cars and tractors is pretty interesting.

june_fmom.png

·
forkz
6,277 Posts
thank you little tractor guy this is a great honor heres my dale jr autographed piston clock

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Congratulations, Wayne!! :congrats::congrats:

Welcome to the club! It started small, but is constantly growing with another great person becoming a member this month! :thThumbsU

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,297 Posts
Congratulations Wayne on your well deserved recognition! You're a true asset to MTF with your always friendly, helpful and positive approach. Thanks for helping to make MTF the great place it is :thThumbsU

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Congrats Wayne! Well deserved and will see you around forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
forkz
6,277 Posts
thanks to each and every one this is great place for tractor info and great friends mike thats a great write up and i lke the banner thanks again not only tractor all kinda info when i found this forum i never thought it would be this many people here it keeps growimg because its a great place on the web to i work for treehouse there motto is standing tall growing strong thats what mtf is doing standing tall growing strong thanks again

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,740 Posts
Congratulations Wayne! It's your turn to shine. Thanks for your contributions. :)

·
forkz
6,277 Posts
thank you mik thank you ap heres some dale sr sundrop and cokes

·
Premium Member
8,216 Posts
Congratulations!! What a well deserving member! Enjoy your 15 minutes!

·
Super Moderator
16,923 Posts
Well deserved for a long term member...
I thank you, personally--for the advice when I was thinking about buying and then installing the "gorilla lift' system on my trailer.
Thank you--

glenn

·
forkz
6,277 Posts
thank you nick thank you glen i am glad i could help you to help someone save there back is a good thing thanks again

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Hi Wayne, congratulations!! :tango_face_smile:

So glad to see you take the honor and it's nice to finally learn more about you; you're very deserving of it. It's neat to hear about your hobby with Nascar! Thanks for sharing your passion for Earnhardt; I've always meant to ask you about your avatar pic.

You should post some pictures of your diecast model cars and also your Nascar memorabilia! We'd love to see it.

Pretty piece of property too!

·
forkz
6,277 Posts
thank you austin heres some of them i have some earnhardt cars i that i have never taken out of there boxes have to get pics this is new photo hostm trying to figure it out thank you

·
forkz
6,277 Posts
thank you for fixing that austin this poster from the 1993 first running of the at that time the winston now known as the all star race at the charlote motor speedway in concord nc right outside of charlote nite race most of those driverers are no longer with us or no longer driving richard petty dale sr davey allison mark martin allan kulwicki and others all true atheletes https://ibb.co/c0fcdF

·
forkz
6,277 Posts
non nascar 1955 chevy nomad 1970 ss chevelle 67 camaro 57 chevy dale sr first race car on the bottom pink 1956 ford they said they trew a bunch of pant togeher all colors left over from other things thats what they got https://ibb.co/eP2esa

1 - 20 of 35 Posts