My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont really know what my tractor will run as far as, how big of a bush hog i can run, can it run a bailer, how big a plow it can pull.. thanks for the help. i am tractor newbie sorry!

·
Retired - Veteran Mod
6,791 Posts
Brush hog - 5' through just about anything. 6' through relatively light stuff.

Baler - The easy answer is 'no', however... If you've got a self-powered baler that you're just towing. Yes. Even a PTO driven baler could *probably* be run by a Jubilee... you'd just need to make sure that your windrows are kind of small... and be kinda careful when you start up... get the PTO spinning (and the baler's flywheel) before putting the tractor in gear.

Plow - 2 bottoms is about it. 12"s easy. 14"s probably (unless you've got some really heavy clay). I wouldn't really recommend 16"s

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
About running a baler with the NAA; Go to Ntractorclub.com then in the red bar up top click on implements and scroll down to NAA with baler. This may help you and also ED has something in the manual section for this.

Kirk

·
Registered
360 Posts
I usually agree with Steve as he really knows his N's, but I am going to have to dissagree on this one. His recommendations sound perfect for a 23 hp 8N, but with a 32 hp NAA (Jubilee) is quite a bit more capable.

You can run a 6' shredder (mower) through anything the bumper can push over. This is assuming a NAA in good shape not severelyu needing a engine rebuild of course. If this is your only tractor, you are doing yourself a disservice by buying a 5' mower.

A NAA can run a small square baler - but would HIGHLY recommend the live PTO option if you could find one (rare) to minimize bogging down.

And you can run a 3 blade plow with a NAA - this was a big selling point when they came out.

Dan

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I have to agree with Dan.. 6' mower and the naa literature does claim 3 bottoms.. I would guess in good soil. 2 bottoms may be needed for tough soil.

soundguy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I usually agree with Steve as he really knows his N's, but I am going to have to dissagree on this one. His recommendations sound perfect for a 23 hp 8N, but with a 32 hp NAA (Jubilee) is quite a bit more capable.

You can run a 6' shredder (mower) through anything the bumper can push over. This is assuming a NAA in good shape not severelyu needing a engine rebuild of course. If this is your only tractor, you are doing yourself a disservice by buying a 5' mower.

A NAA can run a small square baler - but would HIGHLY recommend the live PTO option if you could find one (rare) to minimize bogging down.

And you can run a 3 blade plow with a NAA - this was a big selling point when they came out.

Dan
good info thanks! and it has a pretty fresh motor..3 years ago it was rebuilt..and the guy who had it before me used a small finish mower once a week on a half acre lot

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
good info thanks! and it has a pretty fresh motor..3 years ago it was rebuilt..and the guy who had it before me used a small finish mower once a week on a half acre lot
HP wise.. it'd probably pull a 7' finish mower.. though 6' is plenty hard to maneuver I imagine.

soundguy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts