My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been used hard and put up wet since day one, which was 1985. Has lasted through 2 teenage sons I used to make use it, so you know when a teenager is made to do something they do not want to do, odds are they will abuse what is in use to do the job with, hopeing it will break so they can go back to doing nothing......All it has ever cost me is a new fuel line........it cranks with two or 3 pulls, no matter how long it sets......I have two of them a 40cc and a 60 cc model. I have used 12" blades as well as a 14 inch blade. I have worn out many string heads on the 40cc one, as its the lightest to use for general string trimming. But I would like to have a light weight Stihl string trimmer, that is a bit more manuverable and lighter to carry.........Both JOnsereds are 2 cycle engines, and have had nothing but Optimal 2 cycle oils used in them since they were bought.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,442 Posts
Are the new Jonsered saws still the premium saw they used to be? I remember seeing adds where they showed a saw cutting a car in half, or an anvil a few years ago. Seeing as they are now part of AYP (Electrolux's out door equipment division) I can't help but think of Sears Craftsman saws.

·
16,685 Posts
My BIL up in N.W. Penn., has a couple of weedeaters, and two old chainsaws that he just swears by...I had never heard of that brand until we went up there....He said the dealer is about 18 mi. away....and also sells Gravely tractors-got 3 or 4 of them sitting around...
Leaves you scratchin' your head sometime....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts