My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
If you don't want to transport it with the loader some old tires on the top end of the ramp would make it portable. Just pick the bottom end up with the loader, slide in a hitch and go.

·
Administrator
5,191 Posts
You could modify the bucket so it is like a clamshell bucket scoop,that lifts the bottom and sides away from the rear of the bucket....I made a plow.scoop bucket that way using the plow for the back of the bucket,with the sides and bottom hinged to the top of the plow...mine uses a foot pedal to dump the bucket and a winch to lift & lower it..it'll go up about 2 feet high too.. View attachment 2445824
I like the clamshell idea too. Was thinking of doing it at first when building my scoop but then didn't. I really don't need to worry about the height, but find it doesn't want to dump when I have it all the way up. Either I will change the pivot point or redo the bucket as a clamshell, not sure yet.

TH....did you find it hard to pull the bucket open manually?

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
How about making a "box" that fits on the trailer that has tires,that can be rolled off,loaded with dirt while lying on the ground,then winched back up onto the trailer ?..sort of like a roll off dumpster,only with shorter sides..
Now you're thinking in my kind of language. I have a couple plans I need to play around with. I'm off work tomorrow and may pull the trailer in the shop to see what I might do. Hint You don't need no power source to get the box back in the trailer when you have a bucket that can lift 1000lbs lol.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I like this kind of outside the "box" thinking, I'm going to review this idea also...????

Good stuff :)

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Steve I can't wait to see what you wind up building for your trailer. You come up with some pretty neat shyt, so I'm sure it'll be interesting.
Got an idea. Hope it works as planned and everyone thinks that it's super simple.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Steve, have just what you need, what part of the world are you located?
View attachment 2446452
Ack! Color hurts my eyes. :D
I'm just messing around. I have a plan that I think will be a great solution for low lift bucket owners. Just need the right materials. Made a run at it today but things weren't working for me and I punted.
20200218_125858.jpg
20200218_131851.jpg

21 - 31 of 31 Posts