My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some pics of your set-up on the factory hitch.I bought the jb jr before i had the hitch.now i need to make an adapter bracket.thanks if you can help.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is there a 'minimum' engine hp that one needs for the JB Jr? I'm thinking about getting one for my tractor, but not sure if the engine supports it. Any i1042 owners who have this JB Jr?

·
Registered
758 Posts
There's some decent close-up pictures on the johnnyproducts site

Iwannabe, HP is irrelevant for using a johnnybucket. (much like HP is irrelevant for pickup truck towing capacity. Towing is all about transmission, frame, axle strength, brakes. You can get the same engine in a variety of towing capacities) Tractor tranmission output torque, frame strength and front axle strength are most important, followed by enough traction (tires/ weights..)to push it around.
Johnny does sell a jbjr for the ZTT42. He says if a tractor can support the weight of a snowblower, then it should be OK for a jbjr. Should work fine for moving around loose material like mulch or perhaps freshly delivered gravel. You may want to think twice about digging into existing dirt or gravel drive with the more complex steering mechanism and ZTR transmissions the ZTT uses, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts