My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a Johnny Bucket for my Craftsman GT18 (it's a 1987 18hp, 917.254410). I have some concerns about putting too much strain on the tractor, but I think it should be fine. Has anyone tried this, any thoughts -- apart from it seeming ridiculous to spend 3x on a bucket what I did on the tractor.

I figure if I ever get another tractor, I can order new hardware and transfer the bucket. Until then, the Craftsman is more than enough for my needs.

I would plan on getting loaded tires/weights/and chains for the snow.

I saw this in another post, and got worried:

"I saw a CL ad a while back for a Craftsman GT with a smoking engine, bad hydro, broken axle and an almost new JBJr!"

thanks.

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,158 Posts
I can't testify to the craftsman tractor. But I don't think JB would built it for your tractor if it couldn't handle it. He seems to a pretty good guy, and I don't think he would make it for it if it wouldn't handle it.

As for the CL ad: Since the tractor was in such bad shape - IMO - The mis-treatment came long before the JBjr. A hydro & engine are cgoing to take years of abuse to go bad. Plus, some people just have no clue how to treat things.

BTW, You will love your JBjr. I love my JBsr.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts