My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Packages have arrived and the installation has begun!

The quality of the parts are all top notch, these guys build some solid equipment.

Attached are pictures of the boxes as they came, parts spread out and the GT235 everything will be mounted on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hood, front cover and heat shields removed for bucket bracket installation.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Front Brackets for Bucket Installed.

Brackets use four existing holes plus two new 3/8" holes that have to be drilled.

The bolt heads at the rear of the side brackets, closest to the warning labels are in the holes that had to be drilled.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bracket for Bucket installed!

That's it for tonight - took me about an hour and a half or so.

I had to pull the front cover and heat shields off twice.

Instructions said to put them back on, THEN tighten the bracket bolts - that doesn't work, once the heat shields are back on you can't get to the nuts on the inside of the frame to tighten them.

I took a quick look at the Sleeve Hitch too.
Just held it up to where it will be bolted on.
Looks like the mounting bracket will connect up to the frame perfectly, might have to shim it just a hair - maybe.

So far I'm very impressed with the quality of everything

Attachments

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
I hope you like your JB as much as I did mine. Did you get the toothbar with it? slkpk

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope you like your JB as much as I did mine. Did you get the toothbar with it? slkpk
Yes, Toothbar & 2X Turbo Dump.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Going to see how it works before I decide on what I'll need to do about weights.

I'll have the Johnny Products Sleeve Hitch which has a couple adapters available for suitcase weights - if need be I'll get one of those and some weights.

I ordered the 2" Receiver Hitch for the Sleeve Hitch, I'm thinking there's got to be plenty of ways to rig up some sort of weight to work with the 2" receiver.

Tires may be an issue too, not sure if the turf tires on the tractor will be OK or not.

·
Super Moderator
35,729 Posts
Very nice on getting the front bracket installed! We'd all like to see some "first job" pictures when you get it into production!

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
Thanks for keeping us in the loop, keep it coming!

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice on getting the front bracket installed! We'd all like to see some "first job" pictures when you get it into production!
Hope to get the Bucket and Sleeve Hitch both installed this weekend.
Once installed, I have some crushed stone I need to move around.
I'll get some pics of the bucket at work and post them.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Few more installation pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Last of the JB Jr. installation pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We've got a creek at the back of our property that is dry right now.
Took the bucket down to the creek bed and s c r a p e d off some dirt for a low spot in the yard I've been wanting to fill.

Wasn't sure if I'd be able to get much done since I'm on turf tires, no weights at all in the back, and no diff lock.

I was quite impressed - I could scrape a pretty good load.
It did take a few tries to figure out how to work the bucket to get a good load.

Biggest problem was backing out of the creek bed with a load.
I had to clean up the 'ramp' a bit so I could get out with a load - still a little tricky getting out.
Weights and/or different tires would probably help quite a bit.

The bucket works far better than I expected with turf tires and no weights.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's a shot to give you an idea of the grade I had to back up to get out of the creek bed.

Next week I'll see if I can get the Johnny Products sleeve hitch installed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They are little workhorses for sure.

A couple weeks ago I moved a dump truck load of sand/clay mix in just a few hours using the JB Jr. Incredible little device I must say.

Been doing lots of yard work lately and the bucket has really come in handy. Now I really need to set aside some time to get the Tiller and Sleeve Hitch installed and tested.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts