My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
VERY nice option. Instead of dealing with two of the two way temporary on/off switches, you only have to deal with one. Its also easier to wire up.

One hole, one control. If you can operate a loader bucket, you can operate the joystick the same way. You can even (with practice) do two operations at once such as lifting and dumping at the same time.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
I got one for my JD GX335 but I hooked it up with the supplied switches wnen I found out there wasn't near enough wire to reach the fender area. If there's an "extension cord" option, get one if you are going further than the dashboard area mount.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
All the front end bucket equipment large and small I've ever run had the controls on the right side... It's got to be fairly near where your hand naturally falls to be really handy and comfortable... Mine will go where the cup and glove holder is... maybe just in front of it on a bracket.

I did learn one thing about having the JB for my tractor, I miss it when it's not on there. Like now it's off (also had to take off the bracket to clear the "snow" plow or "snow" blower) and I miss being able to snap it right on the tractor to move stuff. I cut up the last of my "October Surprise" leaf/snow damage the last couple days and sure missed loading the wood right into the bucket. Trailer is not near as handy as JB.

·
Registered
747 Posts
VERY nice option. Instead of dealing with two of the two way temporary on/off switches, you only have to deal with one. Its also easier to wire up.

One hole, one control. If you can operate a loader bucket, you can operate the joystick the same way. You can even (with practice) do two operations at once such as lifting and dumping at the same time.
Does that joystick have builtin DPDT switches , or use outboard reversing solenoids?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Im not sure since I have no experience with electric at all (except for replacing an electric cord or running a new wire to replace an old one), but I hope this pic helps. I know it works well for its intended purpose.
I have mine mounted on the dash of my Cub LT1050 right above the backup safety overide switch. If your going to mount it on the fender the extra wiring harness is pretty well a must have. If you dont get it, you will have to spend money for wire and splice clips anyway for extra length. Depending on where you run your wires you may also want to make sure you have some wire ties or rubber grommets if running through the frame. Just my 2 cents.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi there,
I have the JBjr on my Wheel Horse. It's a great attachment. I have both the two toggle switches and the joystick.

For me, I found that the Joystick plus it's housing was just way to big for me to mount on the tractor. It would easily get in the way. I went with the two toggle switches, mounted them on the dash, and have used it alot. In fact, I even had to replace the switches from use.

The wiring is easy either way and you'll get a diagram showing you how to set it up.

Shoe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.