My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No pictures, sorry -- could not find the camera and my cell phone is not so hot for snapshots. Installation was a breeze on my DGS6500, with the exception of a trip to the hardware store to purchase two nylon lock nuts that were missing from the bag of parts. Have already been out moving dirt and compost and have come to the conclusion that I need chains and weights!
For the way I plan on using it, I am glad I did not get the turbo speed actuators - it is plenty fast for me.

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,192 Posts
Glad to hear it works good!!!
We definitely:wwp:.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Awesome and congrats- I really love mine. Weight is a definite. I have wheel weights and about 40 pounds of fluid in the tires and AG's. No issues. If the tire starts to spin I know I am either pushing the limits of the tractor or on very loose ground.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spent the weekend pulling large Sagebrush plants out of one side of the yard, some can pull by hand, but many were well established and needed more force! Used the bucket to dig out a raised bed, dump onto a sifter (wish the bucket went higher) then dump the sifted dirt back into the bed.
Came across a disappointment - I ordered the powered bucket and plow at the same time for the savings listed on their web page. I can understand the need to swap one actuator between the two devices, but needing to unbolt and swap the single mount that was included for both? Any savings for the bundle was blown away.
Changing between the plow and the bucket is not as simple as disconnecting one and connection the other to the tractor when I have to unbolt the common mounting hardware and bolt it to the other item.
Was this normal or did they maybe just fail to ship a second one so each unit is complete (barring the actuator swap)?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts