My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello this is my first post so here it goes. I just received a john deer 112 round fender and i have no clue what size are type of motor is in it. The serial # is 017712M any info would be great thank you

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
RF should have a HH100 Tecumseh. Numbers are on the blower housing.:Welcome1: and :wwp:

·
Super Moderator
32,049 Posts
You know... I always wonderd why the 110's had the 8hp, and the 112's had a 10 in the early years... I mean you would THINK that they would have a 10 and a 12 hp engines, like they finly got in the 70's.

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Haha yeah Ingersoll that always bugged me too. Like the 110s don't follow the JD numbering scheme.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If your JD 112 has the original engine in it then it would be a Tecumseh HH100 which is the 10 Horsepower version. Below you will find a few links to the WFM site that is a JD specific site and will allow you to look up the serial number. You can also register your tractor there as well.
Also you will need the Type number which will be to the left of the serial number. One other thing when you enter it is to remember that John Deere did not use the letter O in there numbering system so any 0' you find will always be a Zero in the Type and Serial Number.
If this tractor has the type number T2314 and the Serial number is 017712M Then below is what came up.
The WFM board can be a bit difficult to navigate at first but keep at it and you will find everything you ever wanted to know about you Little Deere.
Also Welcome to the forum.
Model: 112
Type code: T2314
Serial Number: 17712
Model Year: 1967
Engine Model and Size: HH100 Tecumseh 10HP
Lift Type: Manual
Paint: Green
Manufactured Location: Horicon, WI

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
I stand corrected. It's been thiry years, but that HH100 seems AWFULLY familiar. We rebuilt it one summer, couldn't get a connecting rod, so we went without. We got around 10 hours on the rebuild and the connecting rod let go:sterb003: Hence, the second rebuild. Traded it that fall for a 214. My apology!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I stand corrected. It's been thiry years, but that HH100 seems AWFULLY familiar. We rebuilt it one summer, couldn't get a connecting rod, so we went without. We got around 10 hours on the rebuild and the connecting rod let go:sterb003: Hence, the second rebuild. Traded it that fall for a 214. My apology!
Hey we all have our days like that, I cant never remember which link to use when trying to post a picture. I have to go back and forth with all them darn codes.:crybaby:

Back to the subject though, The HH100 can be a great engine as they are really smooth when running right. The HH120 I always heard was the Big Block version. Still though the little HH110 has a good amount of power if geared right and with the way John Deere set them up you would have 24 different ranges when using each setting on the variator.
Mine is more of a Toy anymore as its really to small for me, but my 6 year old daughter and all of the kids in the neighborhood sure enjoy driving it around everywhere. I think at times they have more fun with it than they do with there atv's and go carts which is a good thing as maybe an old tractor will always be in there thoughts for the rest of there lives.

My daughter loves going to tractor shows and can spot an old garden tractor sitting around about anywhere. She usually finds them and then we go for a look to see if they are for sale or not.
Below is a shot of the Kids on Willy the Wheel Horse. we no longer have Willy as another member here on the forum ended up with him and I think he got took apart and was used to make some other projects. Its been close to a year and I'm still in the dog house for getting rid of it. Its funny how kids can get so attached to
something.
Of course we as adults do too, we just don't admit it always.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks a lot for your help. now does any one know were i can get parts for the hh 100. i checked eBay but nothing for it come up. :thanku:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts