My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for information on how the hyd front axles work and where the hyd are hooked up on the trans axle pictures would be really helpful cant find any pics online tia

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,839 Posts
There have been a couple iterations, and therefore a couple implementations. Current x7xx are full time 4wd with hydro motor on each front wheel. The front axle is connected to the main hydro trans by hose. Earlier iterations were shift into 4WD. My 2010 x728 is the full time 4wd.

With the communal reservoir of hydro fluid, there is a complex fluid change procedure with multiple drain and fill points. My available pictures were all taken for a different purpose. I hope they are useful for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info the pics were a big help so far still looking for where the 2 hyd lines connect to the transaxle I see the return hose and its connections in your pics would you happen to have or can you take a few pictures of where the forward and rev. Hyd lines hook ups are on the transaxle?

·
Premium Member
6,570 Posts
The transaxle has a pump just for the front axle, It would be nice to just add front axle & lines.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd have to believe that this pump is an add on and that the transaxle is the same as any other 700 series...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd have to believe that this pump is an add on and that the transaxle is the same as any other 700 series...

·
Premium Member
6,570 Posts
This topic would be better over on the John Deere page, however, When I looked up a bunch of parts needed for this job I came up with a price tag of $2600. depending whats available new & used if you want to convert your tractor, could be more could be less. And I written on these pages many times, everyone needs two tractors, I think buying a 4X4 all ready to go is the best purchase.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
This topic would be better over on the John Deere page, however, When I looked up a bunch of parts needed for this job I came up with a price tag of $2600. depending whats available new & used if you want to convert your tractor, could be more could be less. And I written on these pages many times, everyone needs two tractors, I think buying a 4X4 all ready to go is the best purchase.
So if you get everyone to buy two tractors, will that make it okay for you to buy a third one? ? ?
Never mind, my wife reminded me I have five, but I had to correct her. I only have three and a large commercial zero turn ?, but admitted, I sold one (the fourth tractor) to the 85 yr old widow I help, to replace her two Yardman lawn tractors. She’s been widowed (second time) now for seven years, but still mows most of her 3 acres if I don’t just stop over and do it before she does it. Fun lady. And oh yeah I gave a fifth one to my SIL, forgot about that one until I looked at my signature. ?
She’d shoot me if she knew I stopped to look at a couple of low priced large Zero Turns and priced out a 2017 BX1870 with a blower that just got traded in with 43 (actual) hrs. Only half that on the blower. Was owned by an elderly man that used it primarily to drive from his house 50 yds or so to get the mail. He traded it in for a side by side with a Boss Vee plow, but my guess is, it won’t get used at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts