My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I ordered a little box scraper for my new (used) Deere. Then, I realized it needs an "integral hitch" or "sleeve hitch" or to hook it up properly.

Researching here, I found that Deere offers a $300 manual integral hitch, or a $380 Power Integral Hitch. (which looks nice, but is expensive!) The guy at the local JD dealer said that they don't carry them, because the Deere part is so expensive that few people buy them. He recommended going aftermarket.

I'm OK with manual and would like an option to lift it up & down even if that's via a lever or screw.

Does anyone know of alternatives (cheaper than $300) that will work for the few times a year I'll use attachments that require it?

Here's the back of my x534 for reference.

· Registered
82 Posts
Ah just wondering, it'll have to be removed to install either JD hitch, they install flush on the rear lip with a bolt going through the pin hitch hole :).

I just installed the power integral hitch, FWIW. Works great but the built in hydraulics are a bit weak.

· Super Moderator
19,220 Posts
Look for a Used Manual lift Integral Hitch If the Manual lift integral Hitch was used On the Following tractor is will fit on your X534
GT225
GT235
GT242
GT245
GT262
GT275
GX255
GX325
GX335
GX345
GX355
X500
X520
X530
X540
as Long as it Looks Like the Picture On the left Hand side of the screen But Option 2(right hand side) which can also be found On the 240, 245,265, 285 & 320 will not fit On Your X534:thThumbsU

Attachments

· Registered
144 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know if there is an integral hitch made for the x700 series? I don't really need a 3 point hitch (read: too cheap to spend the money on it), but there are some older sleeve implements that might be nice to be able to use on occasion.

· Tractor Nerd
3,241 Posts
I guess if it was me. I would get some square tubing with 1/8" walls to slide in the receiver. Get some water pipe and a bolt to make myself a hinge so that I could raise and lower the sleeve hitch. A person could make it manual, or use a electric actuator, I guess a winch also but a bit more bulky. That way, one pin and the entire thing comes off.

· Registered
431 Posts
I adapted a Craftsman manual hitch for my 112, should be able to do the same for an X500 if you have the will. I spent $100 new a few years ago.
Land vehicle Vehicle Agricultural machinery Tractor Soil

· Super Moderator
19,220 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know if there is an integral hitch made for the x700 series? I don't really need a 3 point hitch (read: too cheap to spend the money on it), but there are some older sleeve implements that might be nice to be able to use on occasion.
There is no Integral Hitch is Made for the X700 series But I think there is a Member Here that adapted a Agri-Fab Sleeve Hitch to work On his X700 series tractor
I think the Ruegg 3 Point is cheaper Than the OEM 3point Ruegg MFG - Agricultural Hitch Kits for Various Tractors & Red land hill has a Cat 1 Kit for $215.00 3 POINT HITCH KIT
:thThumbsU

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You totally hijacked this thread! But, no hard feelings :trink39:

· Registered
1,333 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.