My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Blank Space
3,014 Posts
In 2015 I purchased an X300 to mow a 1/2 an acre relatively flat lawn in Iowa close to JD HQ. I recently moved to Denver for work. So, I decided I should sell the mower as my lawn is tiny here. Well somehow the transmission is out. I mowed with it right before I moved and drove the mower off the truck here. The warranty is out but thre are only 80.8 hours on the mower.
TURF & UTILITY EQUIPMENT WARRANTY TERM *

3) X300 Series Tractors; Z400 Series EZtrak TM Mowers and Z500M Series ZTrak™ Mowers (Except Z425 and Z525E)** 48 Months or 300 Hours, Whichever Comes First

It's now 2020. Even if you bought on 12/31/2015, you're out of warranty by 3 months regardless of hours.

·
Administrator
21,094 Posts
Had a 2004 LT190. Trans never gave a problem. One day in about 2014 wife was mowing and it stopped. Sounded like grinding gears in a manual trans. (fingernails on a blackboard??) Come to find out the pulley on top of the trans stripped the splines. Easy fix, just dropped trans out, took pulley off, and went to dealer who had one. (Also discovered the I could get pulley off without dropping trans after the fact...) Put it on and replaced everything. About 4 weeks later did it again. Looked like the ID of the pulley where the splines were was just a bit larger than the shaft coming out of the trans. Went and got another one from Deere (no charge, thankfully), and installed it. This one was tighter and seemed OK.

Imagine OP has come and gone, but never know if this will help the next person with a similar issue.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Yes, there are several things that the OP could check (and maybe did and solved his problem). But, it seems he just came here to vent his frustration. If it was the hydro release lever not being in the run position, the OP probably feels to "ah, nevermind, user error" to come back and say that. If it wasn't the lever, there are other things it could be and there are lots of people here who could provide help with that.

·
Premium Member
9,448 Posts
Maybe he tied the tractor down for the trip to Denver by the hydro release lever.;)

·
Administrator
21,094 Posts
Maybe he tied the tractor down for the trip to Denver by the hydro release lever.;)
Or the movers put it in freewheel to load it on the truck, providing he had movers. Don't recall if he mentioned that. Or whoever pushed it onto a U-Haul did if no movers.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.