My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Re: John Deere X300GT project (K66 Upgrade)

Tomorrow? No headlights on that thing?
Yes I have plenty light on it :ROF

But I'm doing my income tax right now :Disgus: , I have paper every where:duh:

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #103

And which is more important... a test drive or taxes?

Get your priorities straight ;)

I just finish them, and I will receive some refund :bananapowYES,,, (I hate when I have to pay them)

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #104

Holy crap!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!!

This is so much different, it is like I just buy a new tractor, unbelievable, It climb the hill (previous pic of the hill/street in front of my house) like if it was still on flat surface, stop in the middle of the hill, start like is nothing there Wow “J’capote”

Now it can be call a garden tractor, it was so easy to do the swap no real mod to do except the rear hitch, no pulley to change.

It cost me $750.00 CDN, and now I will get back some money when I sell the K46 and the rear wheel/tires/chain. (BTW if anyone is interest PM me, 300.00 for everything)

Here some pic of “my new X300GT”

I will do a video later, the weather is not very nice

Attachments

·
Registered
921 Posts

Very nice job!! I knew you could do it. Do you have a GPS so you can guage your speed? Is it any faster than before?

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #106

Very nice job!! I knew you could do it. Do you have a GPS so you can guage your speed? Is it any faster than before?

I don't have a GPS but I Know he is faster, the reverse is about the same but forward definitely faster, i will manage to check the speed I have friend that have GPS.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts

man that thing looks like a tank!... you need some more plexi glass on it!

LOL!

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #108

·
Registered
538 Posts

Stladrill your front and rear tires sure look good. Is that a tri rib on the front. That is one fine machine:trink40:

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #110

Stladrill your front and rear tires sure look good. Is that a tri rib on the front. That is one fine machine:trink40:
:thanku: Yes it is tri-rib in front.

·
Registered
244 Posts

Nice work steph....

So, you now sort of have a X500 series tractor...no??
With the mods you made, the total amount of money spent, you say around $750 + the price of the tractor originally =?? and what is the difference between your tractor as it is now with its modifications and a X500 tractor new???

Is it still cheaper than the used X500 with blower they had on the floor at JD.
do they still have that tractor for sale? have you seen it in your travels to the dealer? or has it sold?

·
Registered
147 Posts

Did you use or replace the small front "L" bracket that was on the K46? Your original list shows a X500 part number.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #113

Nice work steph....

So, you now sort of have a X500 series tractor...no??
With the mods you made, the total amount of money spent, you say around $750 + the price of the tractor originally =?? and what is the difference between your tractor as it is now with its modifications and a X500 tractor new???

Is it still cheaper than the used X500 with blower they had on the floor at JD.
do they still have that tractor for sale? have you seen it in your travels to the dealer? or has it sold?
IMO it is almost like a X500 now but the difference is the x500 have K72 tranny that rate 100 ft/pd more in torque

The one at the dealer floor where asking around 9000.00 with blower/chain/weight/enclosure, I thing he got 8000.00 for it.

For sure mine end up cheaper now that the use one at the dealer

What I pay for mine
3000.00 x300
1800.00 blower
200.00 chain/weight
taxe+delivery 6000.00~
My upgrade 750.00 and don't forget i will have money back when I sell all the rear end and tires

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #114

Did you use or replace the small front "L" bracket that was on the K46? Your original list shows a X500 part number.
No I did not buy the bracket, I made it whit the original bracket of the K46 instead. (just have to cut it and make 2 other holes)

In fact I did not buy anything, just the rims/tire/and the hardware for the wheels.

No rod/linkage nothing it was really easy to do, I'm very happy with the end result.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #116

Beautiful Job, my friend!! Does the new rear axle have a drain plug in it? Or did you have to flip it to drain it?
That's the beauty off it, 2 drain plug and a screw cap to fill it at the rear, easy as a car to do they oil change.:fing32:

Attachments

·
Tractor Jockey
589 Posts

stladrill, what kind of rear hitch assembly do you have on your machine? That is exactly the kind of setup that I am looking for. I do not really need a sleeve hitch, but I need to be able to have a hitch ball and pin hitch, just much beefier than the stock one. Did you make it yourself? I would love to buy one like that.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #118

stladrill, what kind of rear hitch assembly do you have on your machine? That is exactly the kind of setup that I am looking for. I do not really need a sleeve hitch, but I need to be able to have a hitch ball and pin hitch, just much beefier than the stock one. Did you make it yourself? I would love to buy one like that.
Are you talking of this?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,376 Posts

·
Tractor Jockey
589 Posts

ive seen that hayes hitch before. Its pricey. Isnt there any other company out there that makes something similiar?

101 - 120 of 133 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.