My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
John Deere X127
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody :)

I’m a French guy, I bought a new tractor !

It is a John Deere X127 (I believe this model is only sales in export markets).

You can find it the datasheet :

I use it on a field of 8000m2 (about 2 acre).

Options of X127 are :
  • Deck of 107cm (42’’)
  • Briggs and Stratton twin V engine of 12.36 kW power
  • Electronic Fuel level indicator + hours
  • Cruise control
  • Tuff Torq TLT200 gearbox
You can se below some pics,

See you soon on this forum !

Bye;)

·
Registered
John Deere X127
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys,

thanks for your reply ;)

I hope too !

I like USA tractor !
In the past I had a Bolens ST120. It was a great engine but in France it is a rare machine, parts are difficult to find and not very cheap...

·
Registered
John Deere X127
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Paul,
Indeed X127 and S120 are very similar.
Motor power are not the same (in KW) but I believe it is the same motor, it’s only the power calcul methods which are not the same between US and Europe...

I see also, S120 have “easy change” oil system and not X127 (but available on X167 model).

·
Registered
2008 John Deere LA135
439 Posts
Most people on this forum prefer the regular old drain and spin-on oil filter, so in my opinion, you are better off without the Easy Change.:)

·
Registered
John Deere X127
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with you Paul !
I did not want this “revolutionary system” (according to the advertisement)

I prefer the regular system !

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase. I'm sure you will enjoy years of service.

·
Premium Member
10,081 Posts
Congratulations on the new tractor, and Bonjour!

·
Registered
329 Posts
It is cooler because of the "X"!!!! :)

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Congrats on your new machine and welcome to the forum.

Lots of great guys and girls here, mostly guys but if you have a question about your machine, if we don't know, we'll find out!!

CCMoe

·
Super Moderator
38,087 Posts
Beinvenu to MTF Aure! Congratulations on your new machine! Lots of info here and great members to help and share with, enjoy the site! Here is some site navigation assistance in case you need it:

·
Registered
John Deere X127
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Merci beaucoup ;)
Thanks a lot !

I have a question about the possibility of traction of this tractor.

Next to the traction ring there is an indication (see photo below), 65 Newton for vertical force and 250 Newton for horizontal force.

It seems very very low !

At the same time, John Deere sells utility cart compatible with s100/x100 series but with a important empty weight.

Example with ”18” model datasheet,
  • Empty weight : 150 lb / 68kg
  • Compatible with s100/x100 series

For me the the empty weight of this model is already too heavy for the tractor ?

Could you give me your opinion ?
The gear box of my tractor is a Tuff Torq TLT200, I don't want to damage it.

thanks a lot !

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
The 13 or 18 carts are probably not a good idea for your mower. The 10P cart is fine as long as you don't have hills and don't overload it.

The TLT200 is similar to the K46. I have heard it has a taller gear ratio, but the tires are smaller in diameter, so it ends up being the same as the K46 with its standard tires.

Some people have had failures of the K46 level of transaxles. Some of this has been caused by trying to do things well beyond its capability. It will do that, but it will shorten it's life.

So, what do you need to move, how much of it, and how often.

·
Registered
2008 John Deere LA135
439 Posts
I would say a 10p cart is probably the safer option.

As with any tow vehicle (pickup truck, car, etc.), just because it can pull something physically, doesn’t mean it can do it for long, or safely. You have to also consider the weight of the tractor and its braking ability, to the weight of the trailer with a load. If you head downhill with a trailer that is too heavy, the trailer could take control of your tractor, and then you are just along for the ride.

·
Registered
2008 John Deere LA135
439 Posts
Also, I’m not entirely sure I understand the sticker. Converting Newtons to pounds, that means the tractor can only handle 14 pounds of tongue weight, and 56 pound towing capacity. That is silly light, even for a 100 series tractor. You may want to look into the meaning of that a little more.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
14lbs of tongue weight is not unbelievable. With a standard 10% tongue weight that would be 140 lbs. The 56 pound force for pulling means it can handle pulling 56 pounds with a coefficient of friction of 1. Have a trailer with wheels decreases the CoF significantly, so it can handle something heavier. I have a pull cart that has a 1000lb capacity. I had my whole house generator on it once. It is 400 to 500 lbs. I was able to move it easily (by hand) on flat ground. With some fairly significant effort, I was able to get it up a 30 foot long hill of 10-17 degrees. It probably took more than 56 pounds of force to do that.

My 10P cart has very low (a pound or two) tongue weight when it is empty. Filled with gravel, it is too heavy for the X300 to handle it well. But, filled with dry wood chips it is fine. The key is to manage the amount of stuff you put in it to not overload the machine doing the pulling.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts